The country’s leading fast-food brand, Jollibee hailed a new batch of outstanding Filipino families with admirable advocacies in the 6th Jollibee Family Values Awards. The months-long search culminated in Gabi ng Parangal para sa Pamilyang Pilipino, which was held recently at the Makati Shangri-La.
Exemplary Filipino families whose notable advocacies enable hope to flow and spirits to soar for the less fortunate, the 6 th JFVA winning families include:
- Mr. Rommel and Mrs. Analy Basa and family of Capiz, champions of the environment and sustainable livelihood for their community
- Mr. Donato and Mrs. Merlita Bumacas and family of Nueva Ecija, dedicated to protecting and upholding the rights of indigenous people
- Mr. Ian and Mrs. Cecilia Cabalza and family of Cagayan Valley, whose work centers on uplifting lives through health and education
- Mr. Victor and Mrs. Elizabeth Castañeda and family of Quezon City, for leading the fight against cancer
- Mr. Joe Dean and Mrs. Ardis Sola and family of Quezon City, for helping improve the lives of street children
- Mr. Marciano and Mrs. Josephine Par and family of Saudi Arabia, named as the Jollibee-Coca-Cola OFW Family of the year for their mission in empowering underprivileged fellowmen both in the Philippines and Middle East
In addition to the six JFVA awardees, Jollibee also conferred special citations to families focused on specific advocacies:
- Mr. Reynaldo and Mrs. Juliet Arquiza and family of Camarines Norte, received the Special Citation for Education (co-presented with National Book Store) for their educational and scholarship programs
- Mr. Alejandro and Mrs. Lilibeth Cabading and family of Zamboanga City, recipient of the Special Citation for Environment (co-presented with Landbank) for their underwater clean-up efforts
- Mr. Harry and Mrs. Malou San Gabriel-Eng and family of San Francisco, California, given the Special Citation for Youth, for their programs that benefit the youth
- Mr. Noli and Mrs. Isabelita Vizcocho and family of Benguet, given the Special Citation for Persons with Disability (co-presented with National Council on Disability Affairs) for their work on autism awareness
Aside from being hailed as 6 th JFVA winners, the Bumacas family received the Special Citation for Minority Groups.
The Sola family was also given the Special Citation for Children (co-presented with Children’s Hour).
The five JFVA families and OFW Family of the Year each received a cash prize of P300,000, a trophy designed by brass sculptor Michael Cacnio, and P10,000 worth of Jollibee gift certificates. The recipients of the special citations were given P50,000 in cash, a plaque, and P3,000 worth of Jollibee gift certificates.
Jollibee Philippines President JJ Alano explained the rationale of the annual awards saying, “We are proud to recognize families who can be considered as everyday heroes, families who truly exemplify how the power of Filipino family values can nurture and continue building a nation that can sail through the various challenges, calamities and adversities.”
Distinguished personalities known in their respective fields comprised the esteemed board of judges in this year’s JFVA, including Sen. Bam Aquino who served as jury chairman. He is joined by Mowelfund trustee and president Boots Anson-Rodrigo, Manila Bulletin columnist and TV host Suzi Entrata-Abrera, respected inspirational speaker and columnist Francis Kong, ANC news anchor Edric Mendoza, parenting and relationship consultant Maribel Sison-Dionisio, Coca-Cola Philippines Vice President for Public Affairs and Communications Atty. Adel Tamano, and columnist and child advocate Audrey Tan-Zubiri. Completing the board are Jollibee Global Brand CMO and Jollibee Philippines Marketing Head Francis Flores, Jollibee Philippines Head of Human Resources George Wang III, and Jollibee Group Foundation Vice President Belen Rillo.