Kammerchor Manila has brought home 3 grand prizes from international choral competitions in Europe.
The church-based choral group won 1 st Prize at the 63rd Certamen Internacional de Habaneras y Polifonia in Torrevieja, Spain.
The Filipino choir was also awarded the Grand Prix at the 1st Leonardo Da Vinci Choral Festival held in Florence, Italy.
The group of 35 young professionals also received Gold Diplomas during the 8th edition of the Musica Eterna Roma International Choir and Festival Competition in the Church of the Twelve Apostles in Rome, Italy.
Kammerchor Manila received the awards during their 4th European tour held from June-July 2017 where they performed in Austria, Germany, Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Italy, and Spain.
In Torrevieja, Kammerchor Manila won:
They performed "Marinero" and "Niña Mersé" for Habaneras. Their pieces for Polyphony were "Kaisa isa niyan" and "Gloria" in Polyphony.
In their Italian leg which brought them to Florence, Kammerchor Manila won various categories and bagged the overall grand prize:
- Mixed Choir Category – Gold Diploma Level 3 (96.25 points)
- Modern Contemporary Category – Gold Diploma Level 3 (97.81 points)
- Folk Gospel Pop Category – Gold Diploma Level 3 (96.56 points)
- Sacred Category – Gold Diploma Level 3 (95.94 points)
- Best Male Soloist (Rey Jhon Regis)
- Audience Prize Award
The Philippine choir competed against 11 groups from Europe, Asia and Australia, emerging victorious during the Leonardo Da Vinci Grand Prix Round, garnering a score of 94.30 points.
Rome witnessed Kammerchor Manila performances which pushed them to the finals of the competition with these top recognitions:
- Gold Diploma Level VI (Category Winner, 25.59 points) — Mixed Choirs Category
- Gold Diploma Level VII (26.83 points) — Gospel and Spiritual
- Gold Diploma Level V(25.43 points) — Musica Sacra
Kammerchor Manila reached the finals of the 8 th Musica Eterna Roma competition after showing their best performances among 16 international choirs.
Kammerchor Manila sings and serves regularly during Eucharistic Celebrations in various Manila churches:
- Hearts of Jesus and Mary Parish in West Triangle, Quezon City at the 11:00am Eucharistic Celebration every 2nd and 3rd Sunday of the month
- 7:00pm anticipated Sunday service at the Chapel of the Eucharistic Lord, SM Megamall every 1st Saturday of the month
- 11:00am mass at the Chapel of Wack Wack Golf and Country Club, Mandaluyong City every 1st Sunday of the month
- Immaculate Concepcion Cathedral every 4th Sunday of the month