Filipinos at the IPSC World Shoot 2017 brought home several medals from France after competing against 1,500 shooters from over 67 countries.
Two teenage sport shooters brought home the gold and silver in the junior category, while older well-known shooters bagged silver and bronze medals.
Kahlil Adrian Viray, 15, and Rolly Nathaniel Tecson, 14, finished first and second in the Juniors Individual Standard at the tournament.
Well-known top shooter, Jeufro Emil Lejano, finished with a Silver in the Individual Classic category.
Jethro “The Jet” Dionisio, considered a living legend of the action-shooting circuit, bagged the Bronze medal also in the Individual Classic category despite encountering jamming issues.
Lejano also picked up the Silver in the Team Classic category together with teammates Bernardo Mari Alejandro V, William Magalong, and Wilfredo Martin Jr.
The Filipino medal finishers at the 2017 IPSC:
- Jeufro Emil Lejano – Silver, Individual Classic
- Jeufro Emil Lejano, Wilfredo Martin Jr., Bernardo Mari Alejandro V and William Magalong – Silver, Team Classic
- Jethro Dionisio – Bronze, Individual Classic
- Grace Tamayo – Bronze, Ladies’ Individual Classic
- Israelito Pible – Bronze, Super Senior Individual Standard
- Kahlil Adrian Viray – Gold, Juniors Individual Standard
- Rolly Nathaniel Tecson – Silver, Juniors Individual Standard
The Philippines came in 6th overall at the end of the 2017 IPSC.