Ten Filipino luminaries were awarded the History Maker Award at the 2018 History Con, the biggest entertainment convention in Asia.
The Filipinos were honoured for their significant contribution to the nation’s life and culture in ceremonies held during the second day of History Con held in August.
History Asia partnered with The Philippine STAR in recognizing the 9 individuals and 1 group for being the “special few whose talent, efforts, dedication and sacrifices illuminate and inspire the lives of many others.”
The 2018 History Maker Award stellar line up of recipients:
- Lea Salonga, internationally-awarded Broadway star
- Jessica Soho, multi awarded broadcast journalist
- Victor Consunji, finisher of the North Pole marathon
- The Philippine Azkals, qualifiers at the 2019 AFC
- Vilma Santos, multi awarded actor and political leader
- Sharon Cuneta, multi awarded actor, singer, and celebrity endorser
- Aga Muhlach, multi awarded actor and celebrity endorser
- Albert Martinez, multi awarded actor and director
- Nora Aunor, multi awarded actor and singer
- Christopher de Leon, multi awarded actor
This is the 2nd year of the History Maker Award which was launched in 2017 with distinguished dignitaries, namely, Pia Wurtzbach, Anne Curtis, Hidilyn Diaz, Himalayan Adventure Team, Ryan Cayabyab, Illac Diaz, Brillante Mendoza, Reinabelle Reyes, and Romi Garduce.