Ten Filipino movies competing in the first-ever online edition of the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) have been revealed.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on November 24, 2020, announced the official entries for the 46th annual festival of Filipino films held every Christmas which will still push through this year via a digital platform due to the COVID-19 pandemic that restricts face-to-face live events.
Several Filipino films intended for the proposed Metro Manila Summer Film Festival in April were included in the official line-up for MMFF 2020.
MMDA said it partnered with Philippine telecommunications giant Globe to bring the MMFF tradition online for every Filipino home, in all parts of the world.
Here is the official movie line-up for MMFF 2020:
- “Coming Home” by Adolfo Alix, Jr.
- “Fan Girl” by Antoinette Jadaone
- “Isa Pang Bahaghari” by Joel Lamangan
- “Magikland” by Christian Acuña
- “Mang Kepweng: Ang Lihim ng Bandanang Itim” by Topel Lee
- “Pakboys: Takusa” by Al Tantay
- “Suarez, the Healing Priest” by Joven Tan
- “Tagpuan” by Mac Alejandre
- “The Boy Foretold by the Stars” by Dolly Dulu
- “The Missing” by Easy Ferrer
Movie-goers will be able to stream MMFF 2020 exclusively on https://upstream.ph/ via Globe’s GMovies starting December 25.
The 4th Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino (PPP) earlier went live online and showcased over 100 films this year.
SEND CHEERS in the comments below to the organizers of the 46th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) which is going online this year!
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.