The first Philippine postal national art competition of the Philippine Postal Corporation (Post Office) in cooperation with the Art Association of the Philippines (AAP) is set to benefit Malabon zoo animals who are in need of sustenance following its closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic health restrictions.
The Post Office and AAP collaboration seek to encourage Filipinos’ creative expression amid the pandemic while contributing to the worthy cause by donating 10% of the event’s proceeds to Malabon Zoo to help bring some relief to the animals.
The art contest is open to all Filipino citizens who are 18 years old as of September 2021.
Artists should submit their best representational art which is an Open theme competition. Any subject or artistic expression is welcome but each participant may submit one entry only.
The medium to be used should be the following:
- oil and/or acrylic on canvass only. No mixed media.
- The size should be 30×40 horizontal, 40×30 vertical.
- Entries must be original, not yet exhibited, printed, or posted on any social media.
- It should be signed by the artist but must be covered with masking tape prior to submission to conceal the artist’s identity.
- Entries must be properly labeled using a card caption imprinted with the name of the artist, title, medium, size, and date finished. It should be placed at the back of the painting.
- Participants must submit 3×5 or 5×7 colored photos of their entry.
- Entry forms must be notarized.
Prizes are as follows:
- First Prize – PHP 100,000
- Second Prize – PHP 70,000
- Third Prize – PHP 50,000
- Ten (10) honorable mentions will be given PHP 30,000 each
Awarding of winners shall be announced on the day of submission on November 19, 2021, Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the Manila Central Post Office in Liwasang Bonifacio.
Entry forms are available online via the AAP Facebook group at this link.
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to this website and Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by telling us what you like about our stories in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org