Seven Philippine higher education institutions have been ranked in the Global Top Innovative Universities list released by the World’s Universities with Real Impact (WURI).
The WURI Ranking System which evaluates the university’s real contributions to society ranked Manila’s Far Eastern University (FEU) in the Global Top 100 Innovative Universities while FEU Institute of Technology is ranked in the 101-200 bracket.
Five provincial universities were also in the 101-200 bracket, namely, Biliran Province State University, Cebu Normal University, Mariano Marcos State University, St. Paul University Philippines (Cagayan), and Tarlac Agricultural University.
The WURI Global Top Innovative Universities list released on June 11, 2021, is topped by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology of the U.S.A.
The 2021 WURI Top Philippine universities ranking:
- 79 Far Eastern University
- 101-200 Biliran Province State University
- 101-200 Cebu Normal University
- 101-200 FEU Institute of Technology
- 101-200 Mariano Marcos State University
- 101-200 St. Paul University Philippines
- 101-200 Tarlac Agricultural University
WURI highlights creative and innovative approaches to university research and education that focus on:
- Industrial applications, rather than the traditional ways of counting research papers and lecture-type teaching
- Value-creating startups and entrepreneurship, rather than a traditional focus on the number of jobs filled
- Social responsibility, ethics, and integrity, rather than a focus on knowledge and skills just for material success
- Student mobility and openness for exchange and collaboration between schools and across national borders, rather than an independent yet closed system
WURI also ranked the top 50 universities in specific areas:
Top 50 – Entrepreneurial Spirit
- 24 FEU Institute of Technology
- 42 Far Eastern University
Top 50 – Ethical Value
- 16 Far Eastern University
- 38 St. Paul University Philippines
Top 50 – Student Mobility and Openness
- 39 Tarlac Agricultural University
- 52-100 Mariano Marcos State University
Top 50 – Crisis Management
- 12 Far Eastern University
- 14 Cebu Normal University
- 26 Biliran Province State University
The new WURI Ranking of Innovative Universities is released by four International Organizations, namely, Hanseatic League of Universities (HLU), UN Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), Franklin University of Switzerland, and Institute for Policy and Strategy on National Competitiveness (IPSNC).
WURI, the first global innovative university ranking, was created to stimulate and evaluate universities’ flexible and innovative efforts to foster a workforce that meets the demand from industry and society.
The Times Higher Education’s World University Impact Rankings included UST, UA&P, DLSU, MAPUA on the rankings based on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
SEND CHEERS in the comments below to the 7 Philippine schools ranked in the Global Top Innovative Universities!
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org