Eight Filipino movies successfully made it to the official selection of the 1st-ever Summer edition of the Metro Manila Film Festival (SMMFF).
SMMFF today revealed the 8 full-length Philippine productions to be screened in April 2020. Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairman Danilo Lim and Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte led the announcement on March 2 in a media event held at Novotel in the country’s City of the Stars.
The 8 official entries and their respective filmmakers and lead actors screening at the inaugural Summer Metro Manila Film Festival are:
- “A HARD DAY” (Viva Films) Filipino adaptation of the hit Korean action movie, by Law Fajardo, starring Dingdong Dantes and John Arcilla, with Janno Gibbs, Al Tantay
- “COMING HOME” (Maverick Films, line produced by ALV Films) Family drama by Adolfo Borinaga Alix Jr. starring Jinggoy Estrada, Sylvia Sanchez, Martin Del Rosario
- “ISA PANG BAHAGHARI” (Heaven’s Best Entertainment) Family drama by Joel Lamangan, starring Nora Aunor, Phillip Salvador, Michael De Mesa
- “LOVE OR MONEY” (Star Cinema) Romantic comedy by Mae Cruz-Alviar starring Angelica Panganiban and Coco Martin
- “LOVE THE WAY U LIE” (TEN17p Films) Romantic comedy by RC Delos Reyes, with Alex Gonzaga, Xian Lim, Kylie Versoza
- “NGAYON KAYA” (T-Rex Entertainment) Romance by Prime Cruz, starring Paulo Avelino and Janine Gutierrez
- “TAGPUAN” (Alternative Vision Cinema) Romance by Mac Alejandre, starring Alfred Vargas, Iza Calzado, and Shaina Magdayao
- “THE MISSING” (Regal Entertainment) Horror film by Easy Ferrer, starring Joseph Marco, Ritz Azul, and Miles Ocampo, with Japanese actors
Following the MMFF tradition, a float parade to herald the festival will be held on April 4 plying the route from Welcome Rotonda to Quezon City Memorial Circle.
The 11-day film festival will open on April 11, Black Saturday, and will run up to 21st in cinemas nationwide.
The 1st Summer Metro Manila Film Festival awarding ceremony will be on the 13th of April.
SHARE in the comments below which SMMFF films you are eager to watch?
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new good story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories