Technology companies Accenture, Google, International Business Machines (IBM) were cited as leaders of the Top 15 Philippine Employers to Work For in the country.
With the enforcement of community quarantine to stop the spread of the coronavirus disease, technology helped workers to continue working from home.
When the lockdown is lifted, technology companies are seen to have a headstart in terms of adjusting to the new ways of the “new normal”.
Philpad listed the Philippines’ top-rated employers and companies from different job search platforms online, using measures of employee ratings, hiring process, salary and compensation, employee benefits, work environment, and career growth.
The Top 15 Best Companies to Work For in the Philippines in 2020 is led by Accenture.
Accenture is an award-winning Irish Company whose current clients include 91 of the Fortune Global 100. The company provides services such as strategy and consulting, interactive, technology, and operations.
The BPO company boasts of over 50,000 employees across Manila, Cebu, and Ilocos.
Considered one of the Big Four tech companies, Google provides internet-related products and services including cloud computing, search engine, hardware, software, and online advertising technologies.
Google’s other subsidiaries include YouTube, Google.org, Google Nest, Google AdMob, Waymo, Google Japan, and Double Click.
Google responded to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic with a Google Maps feature to make it easier for frontline health workers to quickly get to their respective medical facilities or hospitals by finding the best Free Ride routes.
During the quarantine period, Google Maps Street View also offered users a 360-degree view virtual visit and tour of local churches from their homes as if they are actually there.
International Business Machines
IBM is one of the largest information technology companies and a globally integrated enterprise with more than 400,000 employees. The company provides hardware, software, and IT-enabled business services to domestic and global markets.
Here is the full list of the Top 15 Best Companies to Work For in the Philippines in 2020:
- San Miguel Corporation (SMC), one of the Philippines’ largest and most diversified conglomerates. SMC donated high-capacity COVID-19 machines and test kits to boost the testing capacity of the country by 11,000 per day.
- Cebu Air
- Philippine Airlines, the first Philippine-based carrier certified safe by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), through its IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Program.
- Ayala Corporation is the oldest and one of the largest conglomerates in the Philippines with core interests in real estate, banking, telecommunications, and power. Ayala Corporation helped in setting up COVID-19 emergency quarantine facilities.
- BDO, a full-service universal bank in the Philippines.
- Procter and Gamble, an American consumer goods company that owns famous brands such as Pampers, Ariel, Downy, Tide, Safeguard, Whisper, Head and Shoulders, Pantene, Rejoice, Ambi Pur, Gillette, Vicks, Oral-B, Olay.
- Unilever, a global company selling fast-moving consumer goods. Their famous brands include Dove, Axe, Knorr, Lipton, Ponds, Rexona, Surf, Pepsodent, Closeup, Vaseline, Clear, Eskinol, Domex, Lady’s Choice, Creamsilk, Selecta and many more.
- Nestlé Philippines, Inc. (NPI) today is a robust and stable organization, proud of its role in bringing the best food and beverage throughout the stages of the Filipino consumers’ lives.
- Metrobank. Established in 1962, the Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company has become the premier universal bank and among the foremost financial institutions in the Philippines.
- Johnson & Johnson is the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company.
- Coca-Cola Beverages Philippines, the most popular and biggest-selling soft drink in history and it’s one of the most valuable brands in the world.
- SM Investments Corporation, a leading Philippine company that is invested in market-leading businesses in retail, banking, and property. SM Group provided Php 100 million for personal protective equipment (PPEs) and medical supplies to assist healthcare workers at the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) and Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM), two of the country’s leading institutions in the frontline during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Actor Dingdong Dantes and his Yes Pinoy Foundation have partnered with online job websites, Jobstreet, Workabroad PH, and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) through the #SanaOL campaign to help Filipinos earn a living while the community quarantine is on-going amidst the global health emergency and resulting economic crisis.
New research conducted by Lenovo revealed that most employees feel at least somewhat ready to make the shift to working from home (WFH).
Work At Home is a new job gig platform for Filipinos that launched during the COVID-19 pandemic.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to Accenture, Google, and IBM for leading the Top 15 Philippine Companies to Work For in 2020.
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.