The Philippines’ teen champion, Alexandra “Alex” Eala, is proving why she is a world top-ranked tennis player after winning successive matches at the Trofeo Bonfiglio in Milan, Italy.
Alex Eala, who has kept her International Tennis Federation (ITF) Junior Girls World No. 3 place in the ranking released on July 12, 2021, started her campaign at the JA Milan the same day.
Days after her impressive debut matches at Wimbledon in England, the 16-year-old tennis champion won both her singles and doubles matches as the No. 1 seed in the main draw of the Milan tournament that runs until July 18 at the Tennis Club Milano Alberto Bonacossa.
- Eala first dominated her Round 1 opponent Brenda Fruhvirtova of the Czech Republic, 6-1, 6-2.
- The Rafa Nadal Academy scholar then overpowered Canada’s Kayla Cross in Round 2, 6-1, 6-1.
- Alex Eala is set to meet Russian champion Ksenia Zaytseva (seeded 13) in Round 3 on July 15.
- The Philippines-US tandem dominated the Round 1 doubles, winning against Romania’s Stefania Bojica and Portugal’s Matilde Jorge, 6-2, 6-1.
- Eala and Sieg then foiled the challenge of Russia’s Anastasiia Gureva and Ekaterina Maklakova, 6-3, 3-6, 10-7 in Round 2.
- The pair will next play in the doubles quarterfinals on July 15 against the Russian pair of Yaroslava Bartashevich and Ksenia Zaytseva.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS AND CHEERS in the comments below as Alex Eala plays as the top-seeded player in singles and doubles tennis matches at JA Milan!
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org