Filipino celebrity Anne Curtis is setting a good example for her child by celebrating her baby’s first birthday with a fundraiser for kids and mothers being helped by UNICEF.
Curtis, a UNICEF Ambassador of Goodwill, set up a gogetfunding page in honor of her daughter Dahlia Amélie’s first birthday on March 2, 2021, while addressing the needs of mothers and children who are being helped by the UN agency.
The actress has been involved in initiatives to address malnutrition in children. Her new project stems from her personal experience of giving birth to her first child with her husband, celebrity chef Erwan Heusaff.
“The journey of and to parenthood has really taught us how important the first 1000 days of life are for a child. From pre-natal care in their mother’s womb, to their first steps, the first 1000 days play a very vital role in every child’s health and development.
“Sadly, not all children and mothers have access to the information or essentials needed to ensure both mother and child are healthy and happy. There’s nothing I wish more than for ALL children to be given the best start in life,” wrote Curtis on the crowdfunding site.
The fundraiser provided examples of the impact of the following cash donations:
- PHP100 can help families receive water kits to ensure clean and safe water after an emergency
- PHP300 can help provide mothers with nutrition and breastfeeding counseling
- PHP500 can help pregnant women get better access to pre-natal care
- PHP700 can help provide Ready-to-use Therapeutic Food for severely malnourished children
- PHP1,000 can help health workers vaccinate more children in remote communities
- PHP10,000 can help provide learning materials to young children and support alternative modes of learning for students
As of February 5, the Dahlia Turns 1 page on gogetfunding.com has raised over PHP88,000. The Curtis-Heusaff family will match the total amount donated to the crowdfunding page by March 15 and donate everything to UNICEF Philippines.
TO DONATE to Anne Curtis’ fundraiser for Filipino children go to https://gogetfunding.com/dahlia-turns-1/
Are you a Proud Filipino? Get more good news stories on Filipino Pride! Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com and our YouTube channel: Good News Pilipinas! TV