Bloggers’ stories of survival amid the Covid-19 pandemic have been awarded top storytellers awards in ComCo Southeast Asia’s “Write to Ignite Blogging Project” Season 2.
Storytellers from Talisay City in Negros Occidental, Malabon City, Cebu City, Quezon City, and Davao City emerged as the top winners in the 2021 edition of the blogging competition which champions the triumph of the human spirit through inspiring stories during these challenging times.
“Dear Survivor”, the theme for Write to Ignite Season 2, puts a hopeful light on everyone who is affected by the recent crises. It aims to pull and collate powerful stories from the Philippine blogging communities to inspire the nation to rise and move forward amidst the difficult situation.
The Special Virtual Awarding Ceremony of the Write to Ignite Blogging Project Season 2 awarded the following Top 5 Storytellers:
- Katrina Rivera of Kwento Ni Kat from Negros Occidental emerged as the Grand Champion. In her entry “Dear Survivor: On Why It Is Important to Remember Names”, she pens a heartfelt insight on names and their importance, and why remembering them can help us live our lives to the fullest.
- Carla Araniego-Sangoyo of Bilssful Guro from Malabon won 1st Runner-up for her entry “A Lesson from the Future” about what it really feels like to become a teacher during the pandemic.
- Marjorie Ma-Ano of Dakilang Laagan from Cebu City won 2nd Runner-up for her article “A Letter To My Present Self” which chronicles the inspiring journey of a woman walking through the different battles and uncertainties she faced in this time.
- Berlin Domingo-Maynigo of Momi Berlin from Quezon City won 3rd Runner-up for her entry “Surviving COVID-19″ about her family’s triumphant battle against the COVID-19 virus.
- Sarah Andres of Sarwrites from Davao City was awarded 4th Runner-up for the story “What Is More Contagious Than the Virus?”, a personal letter to her future self, narrating her learnings and experiences of living during the pandemic.
- As Grand Champion, Rivera will receive PHP 30,000, AirAsia domestic flight round-trip ticket, and Xiaomi mobile phone.
- The 1st runner-up Araniego-Sangoyo will receive PHP 20,000, AirAsia domestic flight round-trip ticket, and Xiaomi mobile phone.
- The 2nd runner-up Ma-Ano will receive PHP 15,000, AirAsia domestic flight round-trip ticket, and Xiaomi mobile phone.
- The 3rd runner-up Domingo-Maynigo will receive PHP 12,000
- The 4th runner-up Andres will receive PHP 10,000
All of their prizes will be on top of Jobstreet FutureLearn digital course and merchandise items from participating brands.
The top 5 storytellers were also given an opportunity to donate to charitable institutions and non-government organizations (NGO) accredited by ComCo Southeast Asia, including World Vision Philippines for Rivera, Make-A-Wish Philippines for Araniego-Sangoyo, Save the Children Philippines for Ma-Ano, Gawad Kalinga for Domingo-Maynigo, and WWF Philippines for Andres.
Write to Ignite Season 2’s major sponsor AirAsia, also gave the AirAsia Special Award on Story of Journey to Earl Guevarra of Dreamslayer from Quezon City for his entry “To You: Surviving and Overcoming the Odds” which best reflects AirAsia’s brand’s mission and storytelling. Guevarra received an AirAsia domestic flight round-trip ticket.
“We have to overcome the fear of knowing other people will read our stories – our weakness and vulnerabilities can be our strength. Thank you, ComCo SEA, this event is encouraging us to share and let people know that each of our stories are valid,” said Katrina Rivera of Kwento Ni Kat.
Carla Araniego-Sangoyo of Blissful Guro dedicated her win to her loved ones and to the survivors that continue to inspire her during this time, “Thank you, ComCo SEA for this chance to share the experiences of all during the pandemic.”
“We have to acknowledge that all stories are valid. Thank you so much, ComCo SEA, for acknowledging and allowing us to really share what we feel,” said Marjorie Ma-Ano of Dakilang Laagan.
“Write to Ignite Blogging Project Season 2: Dear Survivor” broke the first season’s record by receiving 108 total entries, which is a 54.29% increase from last year’s record, coming from various locations in the country.
“While reading your stories, I can’t help but feel proud of what ComCo Southeast Asia and its partners have created – the Write to Ignite Blogging Project. Through this initiative, born right at the middle of a crisis, of a pandemic, answering a question on what we can do for our community of brand partners, writers, and NGOs, a social media initiative was able to call wonderful stories that inspire great writers to “write again”, connect to people, touch lives, and even move a nation,” said Ferdinand Bondoy, ComCo Southeast Asia’s Regional Integration and Chief Executive Director.
“To all of you, the storytellers of the Write to Ignite Blogging Project Season 2: Dear Survivor, the great 108, the top 40, and the winners, all of you are champions. I salute you for your bravery, for your generosity, for your craftsmanship to champion humanity amid the challenging times. Thank you for sharing your stories, for being part of this cause, and for contributing to igniting social change.”
Write to Ignite Blogging Project Season 2: Dear Survivor is made possible by ComCo Southeast Asia, with Eastern Communications and Jobstreet as co-presenters, with AirAsia and Xiaomi Philippines as major sponsors, and with Teleperformance as sponsor.
ComCo Southeast Asia is based in the Philippines and with an affiliate network presence in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia. At the core of ComCo SEA is its unique brand of Meaningful Storytelling based on its corporate mantra and the mission to Ignite Brand Love, Social Change, Talent Growth and Regional Collaboration.
Forbes had featured Laguna blogger Kach Medina Umandap’s Best Budget Travel Destinations 2019.
Blogger Twila Bergania has been featured on Good News Pilipinas! TV Filipino Pride Advocates series.
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org