BPI Capital Corporation, the investment banking arm of Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI), has again clinched multiple recognitions from award-giving bodies in Asia.
BPI Capital was cited by FinanceAsia, The Asset, and Asian Banking and Finance.
TWO FINANCEASIA AWARDS
The first bank in the Philippines was recognized during the 2019 FinanceAsia Country Awards as “Best Investment Bank” and “Best ECM House” in the Philippines.
BPI Capital secured its standing as FinanceAsia’s “Best Investment Bank in the Philippines” for its notable roles in the following:
- as Mandated Lead Arranger, Bookrunner and Issue Coordinator for Apo Agua Infrastructura’s P10-billion first large-scale bulk water supply project in Mindanao
- as Joint Mandated Lead Arranger for MPCALA Holdings’ Cavite Laguna Expressway (CALAEX)
FinanceAsia’s citation for BPI Capital as “Best ECM House Award in the Philippines” was given for raising over P100-billion for its clients in the equity capital markets since April 2018, including San Miguel Food and Beverage, Inc. and Double Dragon Properties Corp.’s follow on offer, as well as D.M. Wenceslao and Associates, Inc.’s initial public offer and BPI’s stock rights offer.
FinanceAsia, a Hong Kong-based publication that reports on the rising stars of Asian business, annually hosts the Country Awards. It is recognized as a criterion for excellence in both domestic and international financial institutions.
THREE ASIAN BANKING AND FINANCE AWARDS
For the ABF Corporate and Investment Banking Awards, BPI Capital won the following:
- “Mergers and Acquisitions Deal of the Year, Philippines” for the Merger of iPeople, Inc. and AC Education, Inc.
- “Equity Deal of the Year, Philippines” for the San Miguel Food and Beverage Follow-on Public Offering
- “Green Deal of the Year, Philippines” for the International Finance Corporation’s P4.8 billion maiden peso green bonds in the Philippines
Asian Banking and Finance Magazine is the leading publication for banking and finance executives in Asia. It focuses on commercial and retail banking and on securities market from a banking perspective. On the other hand, Alpha Southeast Asia is an institutional investment magazine focused on Southeast Asia. Both utilized robust and rigorous methodologies in ranking nominated banks in the region.
Earlier this year, Asian Banking and Finance also awarded BPI Capital as the Domestic Project Finance Bank of the Year – Philippines for the MPCALA Holdings, Inc. project, while Alpha Southeast Asia Awards 2019 recognized BPI Capital as the Best Investment Bank in the country.
FOUR THE ASSET TRIPLE A ASIA AWARDS
BPI Capital also won awards from The Asset Triple A Asia Infrastructure Awards, which include:
- “Utility Project of the Year, Philippines” for its project with Apo Agua Infrastructura, Inc
- “Petrochemical Deal of the Year, Philippines” for its role as Sole Arranger in the Philippine Tank Storage International Holdings’ US$150-million project
- “Best PPP Deal of the Year, Philippines” for its project with MPCALA Holdings, Inc.
- “Best Transport Deal of the Year, Philippines” for its work with the Cebu Cordova Link Expressway Corporation’s P19-billion project
The Asset award is a distinguished recognition bestowed upon groups or individuals who have gone beyond their duties in their respective fields. The selection process for the Triple A follows a stringent approach in selecting the best institutions and individuals operating in Asia, refined by The Asset’s Board of Editors and the Asset Benchmark Research team.
The Asset Triple A Infrastructure Awards values the significant role that infrastructure plays in the development of Asian countries, which is why it commends institutions and corporate deals that have made substantial strides
in this field.
The Asset Awards also recently cited BPI lead economist Emilio Neri Jr. as one of Asia’s top researchers.
“These recognitions inspire us even more to innovate and fulfill the demands of the evolving infrastructure market. We plan to maintain our leading position in the corporate segment while building a better Philippines by providing a full suite of banking products across different sectors, including infrastructure,” BPI Capital President Chiqui Huang said in a BPI report sent to Good News Pilipinas.
Huang added that the recognition from the award-giving bodies highlights BPI Capital’s goal of championing nation-building through its contributions in the infrastructure that will propel BPI’s vision of a better Philippines.
BPI Investment Funds Management was also recently cited at the CFA Society Awards.
In 2018, six regional award-giving bodies commended BPI for its investment banking deals.
SEND congratulations in the comments below to the country’s first and leading bank, BPI, for showcasing the Philippines’ excellence in financial management!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.