Filipino movies which have earned critical acclaim and audience following are being made available to a worldwide audience via the popular internet streaming site Netflix.
Netflix, the American company based in California, through its Philippines office has scheduled the screenings of Filipino movies for its 130 million subscribers in over 190 countries.
Heneral Luna, the critically acclaimed independent historical fiction film about revolutionary Filipino general Antonio Luna played by John Arcilla became the country’s nominee to the Hollywood Oscars. The film started streaming on Netflix on November 1.
Buy Bust, the worldwide-acclaimed social issues-themed film by Erik Matti which stars Anne Curtis, is scheduled to start streaming on November 15.
Kita Kita, a romantic comedy starring Alessandra de Rossi and Empoy Marquez, will be on Netflix by November 16.
Beauty and the Bestie, the comedy flick starring Coco martin and Vice Ganda, with Daniel Padilla and Nadine Lustre is scheduled on Netflix screening by November 26.
Other Filipino movies expected to be screened on Netflix include:
- It Takes A Man And A Woman starring John Lloyd Cruz and Sarah Geronimo
- My Ex & Whys starring Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil
- Praybeyt Benjamin starring Vice Ganda
- Seven Sundays starring Rolando Valdez, Aga Muhlach, and Dingdong Dantes
- Starting Over Again starring Piolo Pascual and Toni Gonzaga
- That Thing Called Tadhana starring Angelica Panganiban
- The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin starring Vice Ganda
- The Breakup Playlist starring Sarah Geronimo and Piolo Pascual
- The Mistress starring John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo
- Vince & Kath & James starring Joshua Garcia, Julia Barretto, and Ronnie Alonte
- You Changed My Life starring John Lloyd Cruz and Sarah Geronimo
Netflix Philippines subscribers can look up the programming list for the upcoming schedules of these Filipino movies.