De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (DLS-CSB) design students are presenting a virtual exhibition along with webinars to celebrate Interior Design Week.
The DLS-CSB week-long celebration has been moved online instead of the usual campus event to comply with the regulations of the community quarantine enforced in Metro Manila.
Presented by the Guild of Rising Interior Designers (GRID), the BS-Interior Design (BS-InD) program organization, the celebration dubbed “SIKLAB: Beyond the Flare” will run from May 25 to 29, 2020 via Facebook.
The Benildean exhibition organized by GRID showcases the students’ works while also presenting talks, seminars, workshops featuring the following:
- one of Singapore’s best watercolor artists and a member of Urban sketcher Singapore, Whee Teck Ong
- Benilde’s Interior Design topnotchers IDr. Noelle Samantha Bernardo, IDr. Kaitlin Almira Sy, and IDr. Jerlyn Antinor
- the woman behind Positivitrix, Trixie Esguerra
- Chicago-based designer Marie Antonette Rivero
- Nuxe Studio founder, Dubai-based designer Narita Mangaran
- Benilde’s own IDr. Lea Eljean Gatpandan
- award-winning designer IDr. Willie Garcia also known as Junk Not
- the Philippines’ renowned Cebu-based Furniture Designer and Material Innovator, Vito Selma
The online exhibit features young interior designers’ works along with an online sharing of competition life and design journey from interior design students who represented Benilde at the Asia Young Designer Award, Estilo de Vida, and Human Nature’s best green store design contests.
Artists TALA and Shanne Dandan will also be singing some of their hit singles like “Bruised” and “Umaga” respectively during the live concerts.
SIKLAB can be found on the GRID Facebook Page here.
The Benildean short film “Balai (Home)” won a FAMAS Award and competed in Melbourne, Nepal.
The College of Saint Benilde Romancon Dance Company won the 2019 All-Generation Championships title in South Korea.
SEND WELL WISHES in the comments below to the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde virtual exhibition that celebrates Interior Design Week.
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.