The Department of Science and Technology-Education Institute (DOST-SEI) is opening scholarship slots to science professionals who wish to pursue further studies abroad.
In a media release sent by DOST-SEI to Good News Pilipinas, the government agency announced slots for Foreign Graduate Scholarship in Specialized Priority S & T Fields.
DOST – SEI will be offering full scholarships to MS and PhD students in the following fields of study:
- Agriculture (Agronomy, Animal Science, Entomology, Horticulture, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Soil Science, Taxonomy, Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Entomology)
- Analytical Chemistry
- Artificial Intelligence
- Atmospheric Science
- Bioethics and Data Privacy
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Biology
- Combinatorial Chemistry
- Data Science
- Earth Science
- Genetic Epidemiology
- Health financing
- Immersive Technology
- Marine Science
- Medical Entomology
- Medical Physics
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Natural Products Chemistry
- Nuclear Science and Engineering
- Organic Chemistry
- Public Health Entomology
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Space Technology and Application/Aerospace Engineering
The financial scholarship will cover:
- health insurance
- allowance for thesis/dissertation
- living expenses
- one-round trip fare from residence to the place of study while on scholarship
Foreign graduate studies scholars are expected to return to the Philippines and render the required service upon finishing the program.
DOST-SEI Director Josette Biyo is hoping that this scholarship will not just help the science professionals but also improve the country’s global competitiveness and economic development.
“We hope this opportunity will enable our most scientifically talented and deserving science professionals to reach their dreams of obtaining their MS and PhD degrees abroad and at the same time, help the country in its bid to global competitiveness and economic development,” Biyo said.
The following are the qualifications for the scholarship:
- In good health condition
- 45 years old below
- Pass the admission requirements for graduate studies in a reputable university or higher education/research institution
- Go through a selection process that includes documentary evaluation and series of interviews.
Properly accomplished application form and required documents must be submitted to DOST-SEI before the expected date of start of schooling. For more information, interested parties may visit www.sei.dost.gov.ph or contact DOST-SEI at phone nos.: 837-1333/839-0083; fax no.: 839-0086; mobile no.: 0927-886-8816; and email email@example.com.
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.