Earth Hour Philippines is featuring World Wildlife Fund for Nature’s (WWF) Filipina celebrity ambassadors and their projects in the annual event to be held virtually this year.
The largest grassroots environmental movement spanning over 7,000 cities and 180 countries and territories has been engaging citizens to turn off lights for an hour as a symbol of commitment toward the planet and challenges participants to take action beyond the hour.
WWF counts the following as Beyond the Hour outcomes in the Philippines:
- The deployment of portable solar lamps to replace dangerous and dirty kerosene lamps in Palawan and Mindoro.
- The sharing of best practices for communities via the One Planet City Challenge.
- The dissemination of climate change solutions via environmental education sessions, training modules, heavy media engagements, and talks.
The yearly “switch off” worldwide event will hold a watch party in the Philippines on Saturday, March 27, 2021.
Earth Hour Phlix has scheduled the following:
- 3:30 PM #WildlifeConservation and environmental education with Mikee Cojuangco-Jaworski and National Youth Ambassador, Xia Vigor
- 4:30 PM #Composting and reducing #FoodWaste with Pia Wurtzbach and KC Concepcion
- 6:00 PM #PlasticPollution and the community work that’s being done to reduce it alongside Iza Calzado
- 8:30 Marc Nelson, Rovilson Fernandez, and Karen Ibasco countdowns towards the virtual switch off
In 2020, Filipinos overcame COVID-19 quarantine to come together on digital for the Earth Hour.
Illac Diaz and the Liter of Light’s 100-Day Global Voyage of Light on the Peace Boat journey ended as the world marked Earth Hour.
SEND CHEERS in the comments below as Earth Hour Philippines features celebrity ambassadors’ projects!
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org