The Philippines’ Asian Games champions, Eric Cray and Kristina Knott led the Philippine team’s 2 gold, 5 silver, and 4 bronze medals finish at the 81st Singapore Open Track and Field Championship.
Olympian Cray together with Clinton Bautista, Anfernee Lopena, and Jomar Udtohan clocked in at 30.72 seconds at the men’s 4×100 relay finals to win the team gold on Day 2 of the competition.
Kristina Knott won the Philippine gold at the 200m on Day 1 of the Singapore meet held March 28-29.
Here’s a list of the Philippines’ 11 medals won at the 81st Singapore Open Track and Field Championship:
- Gold, Men’s 4×100 Relay – Eric Cray, Clinton Bautista, Anfernee Lopena, and Jomar Udtohan
- Gold, Women’s 200m – Kristina Knott
- Silver, Men’s 400m – Jomar Udtohan
- Silver, Women’s Discus Throw – Daniella Daynata
- Silver, Men’s 800m – Marco Vilog
- Silver, Men’s Triple – Mark Harry Diones
- Silver – Men’s 400 hurdles – Francis Medina
- Bronze, Men’s 100m – Anfernee Lopena
- Bronze, Women’s Long Jump – Maristella Torres Sunang
- Bronze, Men’s Long Jum – Janry Ubas
- Bronze, Men’s Discus Throw – Albert Mantua
The Philippine Athletics Track and Field Association (PATAFA) medalists from the national team are training in preparation of the South East Asian Games scheduled to be held in Manila later this year.
Send your cheers in the comments section below to congratulate and encourage our Filipino athletes!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.