The Philippine para dancesport team has won seven gold, four silver, and eight bronze medals in the recently concluded Polish Open World Qualifying Round in Lomianki, Poland.
The top-notch performance of the Filipino para dancers earned the team slots in the World Para Dance Sport Championships in Ulsan, Korea this November.
Filipina dancer Edelyn De Asis led the national delegation with four gold medals in three single and one duo events in the annual Polish tilt held from October 8 to 10, 2021.
Here is a recap of Team Philippines’ medal-winning performance at the World Qualifiers:
- De Asis defeated Ukrainian European champion Olena Chynka in the women’s single freestyle 2 and single conventional 2 events, before winning another gold in the junior competition.
- In the duo freestyle 2 event, De Asis snared her fourth gold medal with partner Julius Obero, who topped the podium with Rhea Marquez in the Combi freestyle class 2.
- National para athletes Jhona Peña and Joey Maglasang won another gold medal for the Philippines in the Duo standard class 2 event.
- Team Philippines swept all six final slots in the Combi Latin Class 2, with Obero and Marquez emerging the champions, besting fellow Filipinos De Asis and Shaquille Hanz Basan, as well as Anne Charlaine Santos and Jed Villaruel, who finished second and third, respectively.
- Winning the silver medals for the team are Peña and Filemon Baguio II in the Freestyle combi class 2, and Christian Apolinario and Jhistine Gylde Baguio in Combi Latin class 1.
- Obero also grabbed a silver medal in the Solo men class 2 event.
- Apolinario and Maglasang bagged bronze medals in the Solo men class 1 and Solo men class 2 freestyle events.
- Santos picked up two bronze medals with Apolinario in the duo events, and a bronze medal in the Freestyle combi class 2 with partner Villaruel.
- Santos also placed third in the Solo women class 2 event.
The Philippine team is headed by coach Genice Marquez, with Tristan Ducay and Roque Marquez serving as assistant coaches.
The Philippine dancesport team earned medals at the Southeast Asian Games.
Five Filipino para-athletes qualified for the Summer Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
Pinoy dancers won medals at the Asian Dancesport Games 2019 in Japan.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to the Philippine Para Dance Sport team for winning seven gold, four silver, and eight bronze medals in the recently concluded Polish Open World Qualifying Round in Lomianki, Poland and qualifying to the World Para Dance Sport Championships in Ulsan, Korea!
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to this website and Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by telling us what you like about our stories in an email to email@example.com