The Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX) Interchanges are opening to motorists this August 2020 after a final inspection of its interchanges was conducted on Sunday.
The CALAX and Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) scheduled the Laguna Boulevard Interchange and the Laguna Technohub Interchange openings on Tuesday, August 18.
The new interchanges will provide the following:
- access to and from the Laguna Technopark
- alternative route to and from Nuvali via Laguna Boulevard and South Boulevard
- decongesting of Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Road and other local service roads
- full electronic mode with 100% RFID (radio frequency identification)
The Cavite-Laguna Expressway or CALAX is a 45-kilometer, 4-lane freeway that will start at CAVITEX in Kawit, Cavite, and will exit near the SLEX- Mamplasan Interchange in Laguna.
The whole stretch of CALAX has interchanges in the following locations:
1. Kawit Interchange
2. Open Canal Service Road Interchange
3. Governor’s Drive Interchange
4. Silang East Interchange
5. Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange
6. Laguna Boulevard Interchange
7. Technopark Interchange
8. Biñan, Laguna Toll Barrier
The completed CALAX road project is expected to cut travel time between CAVITEx and SLEx to 45 minutes from the current 2.5 hours.
The CALAX Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange was opened in October 2019.
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.