All modes of public transportation are resuming service on Wednesday as Metro Manila and several other areas in the Philippines shifted to the less restrictive General Community Quarantine (GCQ).
Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Nueva Ecija, Batangas, Quezon, Iloilo City, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Talisay City in Cebu, and the municipalities of Minglanilla and Consolacion are now placed under the lowest level of community quarantine amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Department of Transportation announced the resumption of all types of public transport in the National Capital Region (NCR) on August 19, 2020, along with the enforcement of the mandatory wearing of face shields in addition to face masks.
The following public transports resumed service:
- Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT-3) – 16 Czech-built CKD train sets and two China-built Dalian train sets on a daily basis
- Light Rail Transit Lines 1 and 2 (LRT-1 and LRT-2) – 24 train sets for the morning peak hours, 18 train sets for the off-peak hours, and 24 train sets during the afternoon peak hours on weekdays, while the LRT-2 will be dispatching five train sets daily
- Philippine National Railway (PNR) – 10 train sets on a daily basis
- all public utility vehicles (PUVs) will resume operations simultaneously and not in phases like when the Metro was first placed under GCQ
- 126 routes will start being serviced by 12,443 public utility jeepneys units
- 51 routes will be served by 1,621 UV Express units
- 31 routes will be served by 3,662 public utility buses
- 33 routes will be served by 364 point-to-point buses
- 45 routes will be served by 716 modern PUJs
- 20,493 taxis
- 23,776 transport network vehicle service (TNVS) units
The Transportation Department reminds commuters to follow health safety protocols when riding public transportation:
- using both face mask and face shield
- Strict physical distancing
- regular sanitation and disinfection procedures
- using footbaths
- using available wash stations and hand sanitation supplies
- body temperature checks before entering the terminal and stations
- refrain from talking and using cell phones and other communications device
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.