Q: I retired and feel bored. What should I do?
A: Retirement can be a big adjustment, and it’s not uncommon to feel bored or unfulfilled after leaving the workforce. Here are a few suggestions for things you can do to stay active and engaged during retirement:
- Volunteer: Find a cause or organization that you’re passionate about and volunteer your time and skills. This can be a great way to meet new people, learn new skills, and make a positive impact on your community.
- Travel: Retirement can be the perfect time to see the world and visit new places. Make a list of places you’ve always wanted to visit and start planning your trips.
- Take up a hobby: Whether it’s painting, woodworking, gardening, or something else, a hobby can be a great way to stay active and engaged.
- Learn something new: Retirement is a great time to learn something new, whether it’s a language, a musical instrument, or a new skill.
- Stay active: Regular physical activity is important for maintaining good health and well-being. Find activities that you enjoy and make them a part of your daily routine.
- Connect with others: Maintaining social connections is important for well-being. Join a club or group, reconnect with old friends, or make new ones.
- Work part-time: If you’re not ready to fully retire, consider working part-time or consulting. This can provide structure and a sense of purpose, as well as a source of income.
Remember, retirement is a time for you to enjoy and make the most of the next chapter of your life. So be creative, stay open to new opportunities, and try different things until you find the right fit for you.
More advice from Butz Bartolome:
- How to Stay Positive in Challenges | Butz Bartolome
- Social Media for Your Startup Business | Butz Bartolome
- Tips for MSMEs on Rising Above Challenges | Butz Bartolome
CHECK OUT the Philippines’ top mentor Butz Bartolome as he discusses business matters and SHARE THIS STORY with entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs who need advice.
Good News Pilipinas is a Lasallian Scholarum Awardee. TELL US your good news story tips by messaging GoodNewsPilipinas.com on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org