Information and Communications Technology Academy (iACADEMY) won two recognitions from the World Business Outlook Awards, the only school in the Philippines to be honored by the Singapore-based print and online magazine.
iACADEMY was named the Leading Arts and Design Education Provider in the Philippines and the Most Innovative Education Provider in the Philippines in the 2022 edition of the annual business awards that honor industry mastery, leadership talents, industry value or net worth, impeccable strategies for success, and potential on an international forum.
The Makati-based school of computing, business, and design is among the 9 awardees from the Philippines in the best-of-list released in July that includes country awardees Alveo Land, ATRAM Group, CIMB Bank, Mr. Vijay Manoharan (CEO – CIMB Bank), GT Capital Holdings, and Unicapital.
The World Business Outlook Awardees are chosen by the magazine’s editorial team through rigorous research and data findings, the integrity of the nominees’ application, and current accomplishments. Winners receive a certificate of authenticity and pyre achievement.
Following are some of the accomplishments of iACADEMY:
- The Philippines’ iACADEMY previously won the Global Brands Award in the United Kingdom.
- iACADEMY faculty member Gerard Paul Elviña is the first Filipino to join the Audio Engineering Society Standards Committee.
- Arla Jan Patrick Ragun, a senior high school student taking up Software Development, landed among the top 20 finalists in the International Python Coding School Challenge at Raffles University, India. Representing iACADEMY, he was the only Filipino student to qualify and compete in the challenge.
- iACADEMY was also lauded by tech experts for OCDRON, a multifunctional waste pickup drone made by its graduating Software Engineering students as their capstone project. Gaining the attention of developers and environmentalists through its various features on newspapers, online media sites, and national television, OCDRON is set to collaborate with national government agencies to address the problems of water pollution in the country.
- It is notable to recall that iACADEMY is the first school to offer Animation in the country. This 2022, iACADEMY remains a Toon Boom Center of Excellence since its distinction as the first educational institution in Southeast Asia and in the Philippines to receive accreditation in 2019.
- Among its remarkable achievements in the field of arts and design is the recognition of three (3) students from the School of Arts and Design namely Alma Patrica Ramos, Lee Moreno, and Zoe Samantha Panganiban who were announced part of the top 5 finalists in the Negative Space Comic Book Writing Competition in New York, alongside Northern Michigan University, and Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), one of the best art schools in the world.
- Animation students Danica Sy and Andrea Castillo impressed industry experts with their animated film entitled “Bahay Bound”, which was named among the top 15 films in the MBC Short Film Festival.
“I am immensely inspired by the vigor of the youth and the promising talents of today’s generation as seen in our students. As we have envisioned them to change the world one step at a time, seeing this vision unfold slowly before our eyes pushes us educators to continue to teach and empower. Their excellence is truly our reward”, shares Vanessa Tanco, President and CEO of iACADEMY.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to iACADEMY for winning the World Business Outlook Awards 2022!
Good News Pilipinas is a Lasallian Scholarum Awardee. TELL US your good news story tips by messaging GoodNewsPilipinas.com on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or e-mail email@example.com and WATCH Good News Pilipinas TV YouTube & Good News Pilipinas TikTok for more Filipino Pride stories!