The International Film Festival Manhattan (IFFM) has released its Filipino film lineup for Spring 2021.
The IFFM this year is again setting up virtual events for May 28 to 30 due to the uncertainty of travel during this pandemic but is expected to still be as vibrant as a live event. Last year, 22 Filipino films were selected for the festival which donated proceeds to typhoon victims in the Philippines.
The IFFM is known to feature a diverse group of filmmakers which includes Filipino films and filmmakers.
Following are the Filipino films and filmmakers featured at the International Film Festival Manhattan Spring 2021 Virtual Events:
- “Guerrero Dos” (Drama / Comedy) Directed by: Carlo Ortega Cuevas Producer: EBC Films
- “In The Name of the Mother” (Drama) Directed by: Joel Lamangan Starring Snooky Serna Produced by: Harlene Bautista of Heaven’s Best Films
- “Papuri The Tiples de Santo Domingo Concert” (Documentary) Dir: Ray Memje Prod: Fr Roland Mactal
- “To Transfer” (Documentary) Dir: Melver Ritz L. Gomez
- “Miss You George” (Drama) Dir: Mark Lucas Moneda
- “Lea’s Secret” (Animation) Dir: Rico Gutierrez
- “Sarangani” (Tourism Video of Sarangani) Dir: Champ Biala / Michelle Lopez Solon Prod: Rain Ramas
- “Only One Name” (Tourism Video of General Santos City) Dir: Alan Filoteo
- “Avodah” (TV Commercial) Dir: Zamantha Morales
- “An Extraordinaire Blood” (Tourism Video of Lake Sebu) Dir: Jennifer Tupas
- “Our Motherland” (Tourism Video of General Santos City) Dir: Alan Filoteo
- “Mess” (Music Video) the FilAm Group, The Take The Stage Band
- “Mas Que Pan” (Documentary Short) FilAm DP/ Editor Jana Sayson
- “Beauty Buffet: Endless Service For A Transformation Of Beauty” (TV Commercial) FilAm Director Mayeth DeVilla and Producer Sean Legaspi
- “Open and Shut” (Documentary Short) FilAm Director Al Davis from Elmhurst NYC
NYC Based Filipina Miss Jameelah Rose Lineses is back Co Programming the Khatak Film Society Shorts Program of Himalayan films in the fest.
Following are the judges for the Professional and Special Jury Awards:
- Emmanuel Dela Cruz
- Geraldo Jek Jumawan
- Jameelah Rose Lineses
Luis Pedron, Festival Director, is encouraging everyone to support all films at the festival from different countries including the USA, Canada, China, France, Nigeria, India, Nepal, Tibet, UK, and the Philippines.
“Although the World’s borders are not open yet but through this festival we can virtually be one. May this festival remind us that there is healing in the arts, it makes us smile, laugh and cry and maybe this may heal us all! Soon we hope IFFM will revert back to a live event,” said Pedron.
Tickets to the International Film Festival Manhattan Spring 2021 Virtual Events from May 28 to 30, 2021, are available on Pre Order for $10 (after May 27 tickets are sold for $15)
SHARE THIS STORY to support the International Film Festival Manhattan as it releases the Filipino film lineup for Spring 2021!
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to email@example.com