James Beard awardee Filipino chef Tom Cunanan and his Bad Saint partner Paolo Dungca are featuring Pinoy-inspired dishes at their newly opened fast-food counter in Washington, D.C. named Pogiboy.
The Filipino chefs opened the new food stall on January 27, 2021, inside the Block D.C.’s food hall offering Filipino style spaghetti, sinigang fried chicken, palabok, longganisa and tocino burgers, lumpiang shanghai, and many more.
Pogiboy marks the restaurant project reunion of the two original chefs of Bad Saint, the popular Filipino dining destination for which Cunanan won the James Beard Best Chef award in 2019. Dungca was Cunanan’s sous chef in 2015.
Here are some of the Pogiboy food offerings that appeal to Fil-Ams and Americans who want to try Filipino-style meals:
- Fiesta Spaghetti: The Filipino-style spaghetti with hotdog bolognese and gouda cheese
- PFC (Pogi Fried ChiQen): Alan Farm chicken legs & thighs, Pogi Boy Cravy, shrimp chips
- Loaded Palabok Waffle Fries: Waffle fries, smoked bacon gravy, egg, chicharron, lemon oil & wedge, chives
- Lumpiang Shanghai: Pork filling, water chestnuts, chili vinegar dipping sauce
- To “Chino” Burger: longanisa & Tocino mix, secret sauce, acharra, grilled pineapple
To order for pickup, go to Pogiboy DC here https://www.pogiboydc.com/
Pogiboy DC is open Wednesdays through Sundays from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Block DC (1110 Vermont Avenue NW).
SEND CHEERS in the comments below to James Beard awardee Filipino chef Tom Cunanan and his Bad Saint partner Paolo Dungca for opening Pogiboy fast food in DC!
Are you a Proud Filipino? Get more good news stories on Filipino Pride! Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com and our YouTube channel: Good News Pilipinas! TV