Six Philippine universities are included in the GreenMetric World University Rankings that measure the promotion of the reduction of carbon footprint towards developing environmentally-friendly universities.
De La Salle University – Dasmarinas (DLSUD) in Cavite, De La Salle University-Manila (DLSU), Mindanao State University Iligan Institute of Technology (MSUIIT), Ateneo de Davao University, Xavier University Ateneo De Cagayan, and Foundation University in Dumaguete made it to the annual rankings initiated by Universitas Indonesia in 2010.
The six universities were among the 912 participating universities worldwide included in the 2020 edition of the GreenMetric World University Rankings released in December. The Netherlands’ Wageningen University & Research topped the list.
The Greenmetric ranking system scores universities in the following areas: setting and infrastructure, energy and climate change, waste, water, transportation, and education and research.
The GreenMetric World University Ranking 2020 listed the following Philippine universities:
1. De La Salle University – Dasmarinas
– DLSUD ranked 50th in Asia, 127th in World
– topped the PH list with a score of 7275
– scored highest in the Waste criterion with 1650
– next top score is in Education and Research with 1525
2. De La Salle University – Manila
– DLSU Manila ranked 79th in Asia, 191st World
– ranked 2nd with a score of 6875
– scored highest in Waste with 1575
– next top score is in Energy & Climate Change with 1375
3. Mindanao State University Iligan Institute of Technology
– MSUIIT ranked 3rd with a score of 4800
– score highest in Education & Research with 1350
– next top score is in Transportation with 1075
4. Ateneo de Davao University
– Ateneo de Davao ranked 4th with a score of 4150
– scored highest in Energy & Climate Change with 875
5. Xavier University Ateneo De Cagayan
– Xavier University ranked 5th with a score of 4050
– scored highest in Waste with 1050
6. Foundation University
– Foundation University ranked 6th with a score of 2875
– score highest in Energy & Climate Change with 1000
In 2020, DLSU-D Senior High students developed an alternative to plastic straw using Saba fruit peelings while DLSU Manila won the Philippines’ first Newton Prize from the UK with its wastewater-to-fertilizer research.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to the 6 Philippine universities in the 2020 GreenMetric World University Rankings.
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new good story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories