The Most Influential Filipino Americans (MIFA) Hall of Fame for 2023 has nearly doubled its list of inductees from last year, this time around showcasing 21 exceptional individuals who use their influence to do good in their communities while representing their heritage. Presented by Blogtalk with MJ Racadio, America’s premier Fil-Am Hollywood entertainment podcast, this year’s honorees span a variety of fields in Hollywood film and television, music, journalism, fashion, and business.
First introduced in 2022, the Lifetime Recognition award celebrates those who have consistently appeared on the annual MIFA list since 2014, coinciding with Filipino-American History Month in October. This year, the Hall of Fame’s lineup features Hollywood actors, music artists, TV and event producers, reporters, authors, editors, educators, fashion designers, and photographers.
MIFA HOF made the announcement on October 19, adding, “We have chosen the following individuals because of their amazing contributions to our society at large. Inspiring many Filipinos around the globe. Making every Filipino proud according to GoodNewsPilipinas.com.”
MJ Racadio, the celebrity blogger and reporter behind Blogtalk, aims to uplift Filipino Americans, who are the second-largest Asian American community in the U.S. and the third-largest ethnic group in California. October is significant as it marks the first recorded arrival of Filipinos in the continental U.S. on October 18, 1587, at Morro Bay, California. The 2023 edition of MIFA 75 was introduced to coincide with the historic date, a day before the release of the Hall of Famers.
Here are the 2023 MIFA Hall of Famers: Lifetime Recognition recipients:
- Augie Max Vargas – Emmy Winner (Oscar 2019 TV Producer) Mentorship Program
- Dante Basco – Hollywood Actor/ “The Fabulous Filipino Brothers” Director /Author
- Cher Calvin – Emmy Winner (KTLA 5 Anchor/Vice-President of Los Angeles Press Club) Philanthropist
- Jannelle So Perkins – Award-Winning TV Producer/Host/Philanthropist “So Jannelle TV”
- Tia Carrere – 2-time Grammy Winner/Hollywood Actress/Voice actor “Lilo & Stitch”/Philanthropist
- Kenneth Barlis – Hollywood Fashion Designer/Project Runway/Philanthropist
- Sthanlee Mirador – Hollywood Celebrity Photographer (Oscars, Grammys, Emmys, Golden Globes, and so on)
- Filbert Kung – Hollywood Celebrity Photographer (Glamour Magazines/High Profile Events)
- H. E.R. – Oscar/Grammys/Golden Globe Winner/Philanthropist
- Yong Chavez – Award-Winning Entertainment Reporter/Golden Globe Awards Voter
- Manny Dela Rosa – Emmy Winner/Hollywood’s “Manny the Movie Guy” NBC Palm Springs
- Ben Bulatao – 6-Time Emmy Nominated Editor of “Deadliest Catch”. Member of A.C.E. recently joined “Dancing with the Stars” as editor
- Dave Bautista – Hollywood Actor/Filipino Culture Advocate
- Olivia Quido – CEO of Miss Universe Skincare & Spa/Philanthropist
- Angela Perez Baraquio-Grey- Miss America 2001, Character Education Advocate/School Principal
- Mark Dacascos – Hollywood Actor/Iron Chef Host
- Eva Noblezada – Hollywood “Yellow Rose”/Broadway Actress/Tony Nominee ” Miss Saigon” & Grammy Winner “Hadestown”
- Elton Lugay – Founder of TOFA, The Outstanding Filipinos in America Awards/Author TOFA 100 2020/ Philanthropist
- Lou Diamond Philips – Hollywood Actor/Producer/Author
- Jo Koy – Award-Winning Comedian/Hollywood Actor
- Reggie Lee – Award-Winning Stage Actor/Hollywood Actor in both Film & Television
21 excellent individuals in Hollywood have been elevated to the Most Influential Filipino Americans Hall of Famers list by Blogtalk with MJ Racadio. Full story on @GoodNewsPinas_ @blogtalknow @MJRacadio #MIFAHOF2023 #FAHM https://t.co/OE1iJJnbyv
— Angie Quadra Balibay (@AngieQBalibay) October 26, 2023
Don’t miss out on this celebration of Filipino excellence. Share this article to let every Filipino around the globe know about these outstanding individuals and make them proud!
Good News Pilipinas is a Lasallian Scholarum Awardee. TELL US your good news story tips by messaging GoodNewsPilipinas.com on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org