Top New York-based magazine Travel + Leisure has chosen Palawan as one of the 13 places in the world where one can see the “bluest water.”
The tropical paradise got the nod from Travel + Leisure for its “jungle-filled islands surrounded by stunning teal waters teeming with fish and coral reefs and an incredible array of lagoons, coves, and secret beaches.”
Writer Melissa Locker made special mention of El Nido, Linapacan Island, and its famous underground river.
The other spot on the list are:
- Egremnoi, Greece
- Crater Lake, Oregon
- Con Son, Vietnam
- Devil’s Bay, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
- Ambergris Caye, Belize
- Five-Flower Lake, Jiuzhaigou National Park, China
- Havelock Island, India
- Islas de Rosario, Colombia
- Peyto Lake, Alberta, Canada
- The Maldives
- To Sua Ocean Trench, Samoa
This is not the first time Travel + Leisure has put the spotlight on Palawan. It released an article in July, revealing that the island has been voted by its readers as the best for 2017.
In 2016, it listed Palawan as second.