Fifteen Philippine hotels and spas were presented as winners in the prestigious annual list of the Forbes Travel Guide Star Award for the world’s best luxury hotels, restaurants and spas.
Forbes Travel Guide named the Philippines’ tourist and recreation facilities among the Five-Star, Four-Star, and Recommended hotels, restaurants, and spas worldwide in the list released on February 16, 2021. The winners were surveyed both before the pandemic and when regional restrictions allowed FTG’s incognito evaluators to visit.
Five local hotels and 1 spa received the 5-Star rating, six hotels and 1 spa were given the 4-star rating, and Makati Shangri-La Manila and Conrad Manila were given recommended status.
The following are the Philippines’ 5-star awardees:
1. Marco Polo Ortigas Manila, Manila’s soaring sky tower
2. Nüwa Manila at City of Dreams, Manila’s luxury hot spot
3. Okada Manila, A sparkling jewel in Manila’s crown
4. The Peninsula Manila, An elegant luxury hotel in bustling Manila
5. Sky Tower at Solaire Resort & Casino, A haven of luxury in the heart of Manila
6. Nüwa Spa Manila, Manila’s opulent oasis
The comprehensive assessment covers:
- Health and hygiene protocols
- Cleaning products and procedures
- Masks and PPE
- Management accountability
- Health safety communication with guests and employees
1. Hyatt Regency Manila City of Dreams, Calm in Manila’s entertainment hub
2. Nobu Hotel Manila, A hip, Japanese-inspired hotel in Manila
3. Raffles Makati, Timeless beauty in Manila
4. The Retreat Spa at Okada Manila, Manila’s grand spa oasis
5. Shangri-La at the Fort, Manila, A contemporary hub in Manila’s city center
6. Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, Manila Bay’s timeless imperial beauty
7. Fairmont Makati, A gleaming tower in Manila
According to Forbes Travel Guide, 75 percent of a hotel’s rating is based on its service and genuine care and concern shown by the staff, while 25 percent is determined by the quality of its facilities.
To evaluate the hotels, spas, and restaurants, FTG inspectors stay at each hotel for three days and two nights, posing as regular guests and paying their own way. They test up to 900 objective stringent standards, from modern-day luxuries—such as whether a room is set up to enhance sleep, and the food-and-beverage choices are health-conscious—to more traditional luxuries, like the quality of the interior décor and design of the staff’s uniforms.
The meaning behind the rating system:
These are outstanding, often iconic properties with virtually flawless service and amazing facilities.
These are exceptional properties, offering high levels of service and quality of facility to match.
These are excellent properties with consistently good service and facilities.
Forbes Magazine recently named the Philippines a recommended travel destination after the coronavirus pandemic has subsided to allow international travelers to visit.
The Peninsula Manila’s The Bar has been named one of the 44 World’s Best Hotel Bars in the 2019 Forbes Travel Guide.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to the Philippine hotels and spas that received the Forbes Travel Guide’s 2021 Star Award.
Are you a Proud Filipino? Get more good news stories on Filipino Pride! Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com and our YouTube channel: Good News Pilipinas! TV