Three high schools from the Philippines won 4 gold and 3 silver awards at the ASEAN Innovative Science Environmental and Entrepreneur Fair (AISEEF) 2021.
Philippine Science High School – Main Campus (PSHS) in Quezon City, Tagaytay City Science National High School – Integrated Senior High School (TCSNHS) in Cavite, and Sablayan National Comprehensive High School (SABNAHIS) in Occidental Mindoro were named among the winners of the ASEAN level research fair held from February 17 to 23, 2021.
The three high schools represented the Philippines among more than 450 teams from 20 countries in the world including Indonesia, Malaysia, USA, South Korea, Singapore, Sudan, Hong Kong, Yemen, Brazil, Turkey, Macau Sar, México, Thailand, Macao, Iran, Nepal, Egypt, Iraq, Azerbaijan, and the Philippines.
All 3 Philippine high schools won the Gold Award for Innovative Science, while SABNAHIS and TCSNHS picking up additional Silver Awards in the same category. Tagaytay won the Gold Award for the Environmental Science category while Sablayan won the Silver Award.
The Philippines’ schools submitted abstracts, presentation videos, and posters for their research project entries and were judged during question and answer and case studies sessions.
The following are the AISEEF 2021 awards received by the Philippines:
Innovative Science Award
1. Gold and Special Award MIICA E Sertif for Sablayan National Comprehensive High School’s “Solar-Powered Palay Mixer and Piler Bot”
2. Gold for Tagaytay City Science National High School – Integrated Senior High School’s “Non-PoGen: Making a Non-Polluting Generator Incorporated with Dry Sanitation”
3. Gold for Philippine Science High School – Main Campus’ “Assessment of the antibacterial, and antibiofilm properties of Durian (Durio zibethinus) pericarp extract against Staphylococcus aureus, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa”
4. Silver for Tagaytay City Science National High School-Integrated Senior High School’s “Project FAWLIS: Flood Alert and Water Level Information System”
5. Silver for Sablayan National Comprehensive High School’s “Manual Flood Control with Alarm”
Environmental Science Awards
1. Gold for Tagaytay City Science National High School-Integrated Senior High School’s “Green Concrete: A Sustainable Concrete with Wood Ashes, Clay Pots, and Plastic Bottles as Alternative to Commercial Concrete
2. Silver for Sablayan National Comprehensive High School’s “Enhancing Fish Visual-Motor Coordination using Red Lights on Guppies”
The annual AISEEF’s 2021 edition was a collaboration between MIICA Malaysia, Food Science Department of Institut Pertanian Bogor, Nutrition Department of Universitas Diponegoro, Universitas Dian Nuswantoro, Indonesia International Institute for Life Science (i3L), Himpunan Penggiat Adiwiyata Indonesia, and Yayasan Prestasi Pendidik Indonesia.
There were 4 categories in AISEEF 2021: Innovative Science (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics), Environmental Science, Social Science, and Entrepreneur.
The Philippine Science High School System recently announced 1,706 qualifiers for its scholarship program.
The PSHS System won 1st place in the Queensland University of Technology’s Impact Stories Awards for developing an international-level curriculum for the state school.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to the Philippines’ high schools for winning 4 gold and 3 silver awards at the AISEEF research fair.
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to email@example.com