The Philippines’ Masungi Georeserve in Rizal has reopened to guests who are looking to spend more time outdoors with nature as health restrictions amid the COVID-19 pandemic begin to ease up.
Visitors looking to take a hike along one of the geopark’s trails may now do so on a limited basis.
The award-winning eco-tourism destination located in the Baras town of Rizal province has been a popular pre-pandemic weekend getaway among tourists.
In an announcement posted on October 20, 2021, the Masungi Georeserve’s Facebook page said that visits to both the park’s Discovery and Legacy Trails have resumed on a limited basis.
- Only pre-registered groups and individuals who have booked reservation slots through Masungi Georeserve’s website will be accommodated inside the trails.
- The Discovery Trail of Masungi Georeserve allows guests to go through the conservation area, and come up close with the karst terrain.
- Guests can also opt for the Legacy Trail in the conservation site, an immersion in the greater Masungi Geopark Project where restoration efforts are currently ongoing.
- The visitors will be able to directly participate in bringing life back in the abused land and care for the area, including firsthand experiences in tree planting and tree nurturing.
- Since the Masungi Georeserve is an outdoor attraction, there are no closed spaces within the trail experiences, allowing for low-risk activities for friends and family. The minimum group size allowed at this time is 5 persons above 18 years old.
- One group is currently allowed per time slot to ensure zero impact on the natural environment as well as visitors’ safety and privacy.
Those who are interested may request a schedule to visit through the Masungi Georeserve’s website.
SEND CHEERS in the comments below to the Philippines’ award-winning eco-tourism destination Masungi Georeserve in Rizal which has reopened to guests who are looking to spend more time outdoors with nature.
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to this website and Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by telling us what you like about our stories in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org