The Philippines’ Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) champions led the country’s 10 gold, 13 silver, and 6 bronze medal haul in the 82nd Singapore Open Track & Field Championships held at the Home of Athletics, Kallang Sports Center, Singapore.
The national track and field team emerged victorious in this year’s annual tournament which is part of the team’s buildup for the upcoming 31st SEA Games in Hanoi, Vietnam next month.
The 25-member Philippine delegation was bannered by the nation’s 2019 SEA Games gold medalists: shot put specialist William Morrison, top pole vaulter Natalie Uy, javelin throw champion Melvin Calano, and heptathlete Sarah Dequinan, all of whom all brought home medals in the two-day meet.
The Filipino athletes competed among other top athletes from countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, and host nation Singapore in the event held from April 16 to 17, 2022.
The following are the Filipino athletes who bagged medals in the 82nd Singapore Open Track & Field Championships:
- Men’s 4×400 meters
- Women’s 4×400 meters
- Women’s Heptathlon – SARAH DEQUINAN
- Women’s 400 meters – JESSEL LUMAPAS
- Women’s Pole vault – NATALIE UY
- Women’s Long jump – KAT SANTOS
- Shotput – ALBERT MANTUA (Personal Best)
- Women’s Javelin throw – EVALYN PALABRICA
- Men’s Triple jump – HARRY DIONES
- Men’s Javelin throw – MELVIN CALANO
- Women’s 4×100 meter relay
- Men’s Discus throw – ALBERT MANTUA (Personal Best)
- Men’s 800 meters – EDWIN GIRON
- Men’s 400 meters – FREDERICK RAMIREZ
- Women’s 400 meters – MAUREEN SCHRIJVERS
- Men’s Long jump – JANRY UBAS
- Men’s 5000 meters – ALFRENCE BRAZA
- Men’s Shotput – WILLIAM MORRISON
- Men’s 1500 meters – ALFRENCE BRAZA
- Men’s 110 meter hurdles – ALVIN VERGEL
- Women’s 100 meter hurdles – MELISSA ESCOTON (Personal Best)
- Women’s Javelin throw – SARAH DEQUINAN
- Men’s High jump – JANRY UBAS
- Men’s Triple jump – RONE MALIPAY
- Heptathlon – JOSEFA LIGMAYO
- Men’s 400 meters – ALHRYAN LABITA
- Women’s 100 meters – ELOIZA MEDINA
- Men’s 110 meter hurdles – JANRY UBAS
- Men’s 400 meter hurdles – FRANCIS MEDINA
The Philippines’ Asian Games champions, Eric Cray and Kristina Knott led the Philippine team’s 2 gold, 5 silver, and 4 bronze medals finish at the 81st Singapore Open Track and Field Championship.
Sprinter Kristina Knott, Asian Games marathon queen Christine Hallasgo, and Asia’s top pole vaulter Ernest John Obiena who will be carrying the country’s flag during the opening ceremonies, are heading a star-studded squad for the Philippine Athletics Track and Field Association (PATAFA) in the Southeast Asian Games in Vietnam in May 2022.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to the Philippines’ track and field team for winning 10 gold, 13 silver, and 6 bronze medals in the recently concluded 82nd Singapore Open Track & Field Championships!
Good News Pilipinas is a Lasallian Scholarum Awardee. TELL US your good news story tips by messaging GoodNewsPilipinas.com on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or e-mail email@example.com and WATCH Good News Pilipinas TV YouTube & Good News Pilipinas TikTok for more Filipino Pride stories!