Pinoy mathematics students scored 23 awards in a dominant showing at the 13th Asian Finals of the World Math-Fusion Olympiad held in Kuala Lumpur.
The Philippine team competed in the regional tournament from July 26 to 28 and emerged with a total of 23 awards including 4 Gold, 6 Silver, and 8 Bronze medals, and 5 Excellence Certificates.
The Philippines was the only country that won gold and silver medals in the level 3 category covering Grades 7, 8, and 9.
The Philippine team also emerged as the only gold medalists among all participants in level 3.
The winning Filipino students led by the Mathematics Development Academy of the Philippines (MathDAP) is the third group of mathletes to have brought honor to the Philippines this July. Pinoy students led by the Mathematics Trainers Guild made their mark with 11 awards at the Hong Kong Primary Mathematics World Contest while 8 students led by the Asian MathSci League won accolades at the Mathematics Without Borders in Bulgaria.
Here are the awardees from the Philippines as reported by the PIA:
1. Alec Nathan Rongo – St. John’s Institute
2. Maria Bernadette Landicho – Stonyhurst Southville International School
3. Krystal Lim Tiong Soon – Grace Christian College
4. Alvann Walter Paredes Dy – St. Jude Catholic School
1. Lanz Arthur Gaurana – Trinity Christian School
2. Juan Rafael Landicho – Philippine Science High School-Calabarzon
3. John David Magnaye – Philippine Science High School-Main
4. Armea Helena Sien Dimayacyac – Philippine Science High School-Main
5. Walsh Nico Adrian Letran – St. Jude Catholic School
6. Kei Hang Derek Chan – St. Jude Catholic School
1. Benjamin Dacles – Trinity Christian School
2. Gian Paulo Oviedo – Trinity Christian School
3. Marie Emmanuelle Martinez – UP Integrated School
4. Erwyn Aenas Vibal – Philippine Science High School-Main
5. Christian Joseph Bunyi – San Beda College-Alabang
6. Eljan Cao – Philippine Science High School-Bicol
7. John Florence Dizon – Philippine Science High School-Main
8. Alexandra Brianne Gochian – St. Jude Catholic School
1. Eric Fabian Deiv Mendez – Ateneo de Naga University Grade School
2. Maria Martina Chiu – St. John’s Institute
3. Eric Fabian Thirdy Mendez – Philippine Science High School-BRC
4. Mariane Shane Gante – San Beda College-Alabang
5. Lorraine Joy Calica – UST Junior High School
10th Global Finals of SPEAK International Competition
The Mathematics Development Academy of the Philippines (MathDAP) has identified 12 math aces who will compose the Philippine team to the 14th World Cup of the World Math-Fusion Olympiad which will be held at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand on August 10 -12, 2019. See the list here.
SEND congratulations to our Pinoy math students, showing excellence in global competition!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.