Team Philippines captured 5 Gold medals at the 20th ASEAN Age Group Chess Championships held in Myanmar.
Three girls and two boys won their finals matches at the ASEAN chess tilt held in mid June.
Vic Glysen Derotas and Mark Jay Bacojo won all their matches to emerge champions in their divisions at the Myanmar chess tournament where 8-year old Filipino chess player Daniela Bianca Cruz also bagged 3 Silvers.
The National Chess Federation of the Philippines page also shared the news that the Filipino players who brought home the top medals in their divisions will also be given Fédération Internationale des Échecs FIDE) World Chess Federation chess masters titles.
Here are the 5 Gold medalists of Team Philippines at the 20th ASEAN Age Group Chess Championships:
- Eric Labog Jr., Gold in Under-18 Open, to receive title of International Master (IM)
- Vic Glysen Derotas, Gold in Under-18 Girls, to receive title of Woman International Master (WIM)
- Mark Jay Bacojo, Gold in Under-14 Open, to receive title of FIDE Master (FM)
- Daren dela Cruz, Gold in Under-12 Girls, to receive title of Woman Candidate Master (WCM)
- Mecel Angela Gadut, Gold in Under-10 Girls, to receive title of
Woman Candidate Master (WCM)
SEND congratulations in the comments below for Team Philippines’ Filipino chess players, champions at the 20th ASEAN Age Group Chess Championships!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.