Team Philippines has bagged four silver medals and two bronze medals in the 62nd International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) organized in St. Petersburg, Russia.
The national team of Filipino high school students at this year’s IMO finished strong, with all six members winning medals in the oldest and most prestigious of the international scientific Olympiads, held remotely for the second straight year from July 14 to 24, 2021.
The Philippine math team placed 23rd out of 107 countries with 619 students participating in the online mathematics competition.
Bryce Ainsley Sanchez of Grace Christian College joins the IMO for the third time, improving on his bronze medal finishes in 2019 and 2020 to silver.
Sarji Elijah Bona of De La Salle University – Senior High School and Vincent Dela Cruz of Valenzuela City School of Mathematics and Science are this year’s bronze medalists after bagging honorable mentions in last year’s IMO.
The Philippine team was led by Team Leader Christian Paul Chan Shio and Deputy Leader Raymond Joseph Fadri, both from Ateneo de Manila University.
Here are the awards won by the Philippine math team in the 62nd IMO:
- Silver Medal – Immanuel Josiah Balete from St. Stephen’s High School (SSHS)
- Silver Medal – Raphael Dylan Dalida from Philippine Science High School (PSHS)
- Silver Medal – Steven Reyes from Saint Jude Catholic School (SJCS)
- Silver Medal – Bryce Ainsley Sanchez from Grace Christian College (GCC)
- Bronze Medal – Sarji Elijah Bona from De La Salle University (DLSU) – Senior High School
- Bronze Medal – Vincent Dela Cruz from Valenzuela City School of Mathematics and Science (ValMaSci)
Dela Cruz and Dalida bagged three bronze medals at the 33rd International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) in Singapore.
Filipino math students won four medals in this year’s virtual edition of the Junior Balkan Mathematical Olympiad (JBMO) organized online from Chișinău, Moldova in Eastern Europe.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to Team Philippines for bagging four silver medals and two bronze medals in the 62nd International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) organized in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to email@example.com saying what you like about our site.