The Philippine dragon boat team won a total of 8 medals consisting of 4 gold medals, 2 silvers, and 2 bronzes at the 2018 International Canoe Federation (ICF) World Dragon Boat Championships held for the first time in the United States.
The ICF races held at the Lake Lanier Olympic Park saw Team Philippines surpassing their best finish of 4 golds and 1 silver at the ICF held in Moscow, Russia in 2016.
The Filipino paddlers also beat their 3 golds, one silver, two bronze medals haul in 2015 also held in Russia, by winning the golds in four events, 2 silvers, and 2 bronzes at the 2018 ICF:
- Gold, 10-seater senior mixed 200-meter race
- Gold, 20-seater senior mixed 200-meter race
- Gold, 10-seater senior mixed 500-meter race
- Gold, 20-seater senior mixed 500-meter race
- Silver, small boat senior men’s 500-meter race
- Silver, big boat senior mixed 2000-meter race
- Bronze, small boat men’s 200-meter race
- Bronze, small boat mixed 200-meter race
The Philippine dragon boat team from the Philippine Canoe Kayak Dragonboat Federation (PCKDF) was coached by Diomedes Manalo.
Throughout the 4-day race the Filipino team went up against 12 other powerhouse teams from all over the world.
Watch the proud moment when the Philippine Flag was being raised and the Philippine National Anthem was sung as Team Philippines was declared Champions of the ICF Dragonboat World Championships, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.