The Pasig River Ferry in Metro Manila is resuming its free rides service for the commuting public on Monday.
The ferry service, which was stopped on March 17 when the COVID-19 community quarantine was enforced in Metro Manila, is resuming operations on August 3, 2020.
The ferry boat trip routes are as follows:
- Pinagbuhatan to Guadalupe
- Guadalupe to Escolta and vice versa
- Guadalupe to San Joaquin and vice versa
The following ferry stations are resuming service today:
- San Joaquin
The Pasig River Ferry service will operate Mondays to Saturdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced that ferry service will operate at a reduced 50% capacity and will enforce health safety protocols.
Prior to Monday, the ferry stations and boats underwent disinfection, maintenance, and placed with floor markings, stickers, and posters for passenger guidance.
Frisco San Juan Jr., MMDA Deputy Chairman and ferry service head, said standard operating procedures have been set to further guide the passengers including the following:
- No mask, no entry
- Physical distancing shall be observed at all times
- Passenger who has colds, cough or body temperature with greater than 37.5 degrees Celsius will not be allowed to enter the PRFS premises
- Only persons aged 21-59 years old will be allowed to board ferry boats
- Upon entering the ferry station, passengers will be required to undergo temperature check
- Passengers will be requested to fill-out the manifest form and accomplish the commuter information sheet should contract tracing is deemed necessary
“We will strictly implement these precautionary measures to ensure the safety of passengers. Personnel of PRFS can deny entry at the ferry station if a passenger refused to undergo those procedures,” said San Juan.
The Pasig River Ferry Service has been serving as an alternative mode of transportation for the residents of Metro Manila since it was relaunched in December 2019.
The Pasig River Rehabilitation Project has been hailed as the first Asia Riverprize champion for the revival of the waterway.
SEND CHEERS in the comments below to the commuting public for the resumption of the Pasig River Ferry Service!
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.