The University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman dominated the just-released results of the Geologist Licensure Examination, leading the topnotcher list and taking a total of 8 spots in the top 10 successful examinees. UP also led to top-performing schools.
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) today released the newest board results indicating that 262 out of 473 passed the Geologist Licensure Examination that was given by the Board of Geology in Manila this November 2019.
UP Diliman Geology graduate Dwayne Joshua Pineda Rafael topped with 85.40%. Only two other schools made the top 10, University of Southeastern Philippines-Davao City and Adamson University, in the PRC results announced November 20.
The University of the Philippines Diliman was the best-performing school with a passing rate of 96.88%. Mapua University and Adamson University followed with 78.43% and 76.14%, respectively.
Congratulations to the Ten Topnotchers of the Geologist Licensure Examination:
- Dwayne Joshua Pineda Rafael, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 85.40
- Armani Yula Verdadero Etanislao, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 85.20
- Marco Alfredo Josol Barrientos, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 84.90
- Daryl Louis Lim Tiangco, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 84.40
- Jan Cedric Guerrero Sisracon, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 84.30
- Jose Santiago Armildez Feril, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 84.20
- Christian Pangilinan Jimenez, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 83.80
- Kris Angeli Habay Golbin, University of Southeastern Philippines-Davao City, 83.70
- Jaime Mary Loise Casem Tan, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 83.60
- Jebiela Carla Petalcorin, Adamson University, 83.20
The list of top three Best Performing Schools:
- University of the Philippines-Diliman – 96.88%
- Mapua University (for MIT)-Manila – 78.43%
- Adamson University – 76.14%
For the Official Full Results go here.
The University of the Philippines has performed excellently in recent PRC licensure examinations, among them, as the top-performing school in the Geodetic Engineers exam and a 100% passing rate in the Metallurgical Engineer exam.
UP Diliman’s Geology graduates have made their mark in national and international scenes, among them, Gay Jane Perez who was named one of the 2019 Best Scientists in Asia and Mahar Lagmay of the award-winning Project NOAH and a professor at the National Institute of Geological Sciences who is leading the state university as it provides help to earthquake-stricken Mindanao and to develop Manila into a disaster-resilient city.
SEND congratulations in the comments below to the University of the Philippines for leading the Geologist board-passers!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.