University of the Philippines (UP) Manila graduate Maria Carla Buenaflor topped the medical doctor’s licensure exam results released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
UP Manila’s Buenaflor led the 800 board passers out of 1,424 who took the Physician Licensure Examinations held in March and September in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legazpi, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, and Zamboanga.
The first part of the exam was held in March 2020 while the second part held in September after the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) gave permission, citing the increased demand for additional physicians amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The PRC results published on October 2, 2020, are the first release after the country went into lockdown following the virus outbreak.
UP Manila led the topnotchers which included 2 from the University of Santo Tomas, 1 from Davao Medical School Foundation, 2 from De La Salle Medical and Health Science Institute, 1 from St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine, and 3 from Southwestern University.
Here are the Top 10 board passers of the Physician Licensure Examinations:
- Maria Carla Buenaflor of UP Manila – 89.17 %
- John Marlon Lintan of the University of Santo Tomas – 88 %
- Dhona Cambronero of Davao Medical School Foundation – 87.92 %
- James Daniel Umalin of De La Salle Medical and Health Science Institute – 87.75 %
- Gremory Dennis Idago of St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine -87.58 %
- Charles Vanhill Raksham of De La Salle Medical and Health Science Institute – 87.17 %
- Erika Anne Pangan of the University of Santo Tomas – 87.08 %
- April Jean Gapo of Southwestern University -87 %
- Jessah April Naingue of Southwestern University – 86.83 percent
- Carren Emirose Solidor of Southwestern University – 86.67 percent
The top-performing school was Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation which registered a 91.60 percent passing rate.
Board-passers may secure their professional identification card (ID) and certificate of registration online starting November 5 through www.prc.gov.ph and follow instructions for initial registration. Get the Full Results here.
UP Manila previously topped the Physical and Occupational Therapist board exams released ahead of the lockdown.
UP Manila doctors continue to be in the frontlines of the fight against the coronavirus disease with UP-PGH designated as a COVID-19 Referral Center and handling the Bayanihan Na Hotline.
SEND CHEERS in the comments below to the UP Manila topnotcher and other board passers of the doctor’s licensure examination who will join the frontlines of the fight against COVID-19.
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.