Looking for a meaningful Valentine’s Date idea without worrying about being around people and the possibility of novel coronavirus infection? Then this noble idea from the Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) could just be what you need.
The one-of-a-kind Valentine’s Date of #PAWSfursdateTAAL is a two-day event on February 12 and 13, 2020, which promises to take you on a special road trip to meet and care for the rescued horses from the Taal Volcano eruption of January 12.
All you need to do is register with PAWS and take the road trip with any of the teams coming from Quezon City, Makati, or Alabang that would take you to Brgy. Maraouy, Lipa City in Batangas province where the rescued horses are being cared for inside the Department of Agriculture Compound.
The collected fees will help raise funds for the 44 horses that PAWS rescued from Taal with all proceeds going directly to their rehabilitation fund.
Here are the PAWS registration guidelines to join the #PAWSfursdateTAAL Valentine’s Date this February:
WHAT: Valentines date with the PAWS rescued horses from Taal (Activities include grooming and spending time with the horses. No horseback riding allowed.)
WHERE: Department of Agriculture Compound (Behind SM City Lipa) A. Tanco Drive, Brgy. Maraouy Lipa City
WHEN: February 12 (Wednesday) and February 13 (Thursday). Calltime is 6am for those riding with the PAWS shuttle for QC residents. South residents will have a separate pick up point in Makati and Alabang if applicable)
HOW TO SECURE A SLOT:
1. Text Shawie at 09190053390 with your chosen date and number of slots (Date fee is P1,000 per person excluding transportation expenses which will be divided among the number of guests that day)
2. After receiving a text with your slot number, deposit amount to the PAWS BPI account within 24 hours to secure your slot/s. Otherwise slot will be given to next person on the wait list.
Account Name: Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS)
Bank of the Philippine Islands
PHP Account No. 3943-0086-11
3. Email a copy of the deposit slip to email@example.com to confirm payment.
4. Once everything has been confirmed, just show up at the PAWS compound before 6am on your chosen day and get ready for the most unforgettable kind of date! (For those bringing their own vehicle, please coordinate with PAWS staff Shawie regarding schedules)
1. As this is an out-of-town event, please be prepared to spend the whole day with PAWS and bring comfortable and extra clothes.
2. Batangas coffee and light snacks will be served. But please bring a budget for lunch (we can also do drive-thru to and from Batangas)
* You are welcome to bring donations for the horses and other animals of Taal during this event.
PAWS has continued its daily rescue missions within the Taal danger zone to care for the animals still there, including dogs, cats, and chickens.
TELL US in the comments below how you plan to spend Valentine’s Day this year?
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.