You can now more easily register to vote for the 2022 national and local elections in the Philippines as the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) has opened registration counters in shopping malls across the country two weeks before the end of the registration period.
The COMELEC) released on September 10 its updated list of malls with schedules and guidelines on voter registration until September 30.
The voter registration counters are found in malls in the National Capital Region, CAR, Region 1 Ilocos, Region 2 Cagayan Valley, Region 3 Central Luzon, Region 4-A CALABARZON, Region 4-B MIMAROPA, Region V Bicol, Visayas, and Mindanao.
Here are the COMELEC Reminders:
1. Voter registration is suspended in ECQ areas, and will automatically resume once the quarantine status is downgraded to MECQ, GCQ, MGCQ, or no quarantine classification.
2. Only applications from residents of the locality where the mall is located, or from those intending to transfer their registration record to the locality, will be accommodated.
3. Limited number of slots in consideration of mall hours and strict adherence to health protocols.
4. Application forms are available for free at the site. Forms may also be downloaded at comelec.gov.ph, or accomplished online at irehistro.comelec.gov.ph. For application forms filled out via the mobile app, just present the QR code.
5. Bring at least one valid ID (original and photocopy) and your own ballpen
The list of malls with voter registration counters is found in this link.
Here’s How to Register to Vote for 2022 Philippine Elections
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org