Philippine businesses located in General Community Quarantine (GCQ) areas have been allowed to operate at full capacity.
The selected businesses were found by DTI monitoring teams to be compliant with health safety protocols and should thus be allowed to operate and stimulate the local economy.
The following businesses listed under Categories II and III in the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) memorandum circular (MC) No. 20-52 signed on October 2, 2020, are permitted to increase their operations to full capacity:
- mining and quarrying
- other financial services such as money exchange, insurance, reinsurance, lending companies, and non-compulsory pension funding
- legal and accounting
- management consultancy activities
- architecture and engineering activities
- technical testing and analysis
- scientific and research development
- advertising and market research
- Computer programming, publishing and printing services
- film, music, and TV production
- recruitment and placement agencies for overseas employment
- photography services for fashion, industrial, graphic, and interior design
- wholesale and retail trade of motor vehicles, motorcycles, and bicycles, including their parts and components
- repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles, and bicycles, including vulcanizing shops, battery repair shops, auto repair shops, and car wash
- malls and commercial centers for non-leisure business activities and mall-based non-leisure wholesale and retail establishments such as hardware stores
- clothing and accessories
- bookstore and school and office supplies stores
- infant care supplies
- pet shops, pet food, and pet care supplies
- IT, communications, and electronic equipment
- flower, jewelry, novelty, antique, and perfume shops
- toy stores (but playgrounds and amusement area must remain closed)
- music stores
- art galleries (but for selling purposes only)
- firearms and ammunition trading establishment
- Public and private construction projects
Barbershops and salons are also allowed to increase capacity but only up to 75 percent.
“The operational capacity for dine-in services of restaurants and fast food establishments shall be allowed at more than 50 percent operational capacity; provided that, physical distancing is strictly observed; provided further that, the increase in operating capacity, menu offering, and maximum servings of alcoholic beverages shall be subject to the corresponding local government guidelines,” the DTI memorandum stated.
The MC allows food dine-in, take-out, and delivery services to operate up to 24 hours.
Tourism activities in GCQ areas have also been allowed under certain conditions.
The Philippines remains under various stages of community quarantine amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
CHECK OUT this COVID 19 safety guidelines.
SEND CHEERS AND WELL WISHES in the comments below to businesses now allowed to operate at full capacity for complying with COVID 19 health safety protocols.
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.