Eleven Filipino artists are holding an advanced virtual group exhibit of their spectacular artworks that will be showcased in next year’s international art fair, Art Moments Jakarta.
The virtual exhibit, run by the Manila-based agency, DF Art, in partnership with ANCX and Art Moments Jakarta, was released on July 4 and will run until July 21, 2020.
The art showcase of 11 established and emerging Pinoy artists provides a preview of Arts Moments Jakarta that was rescheduled to 2021 due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
The 11 Filipino artists are expected to showcase their intricate artworks in Indonesia, along with the 50 confirmed participating galleries of modern and contemporary art.
Among the artists and their artworks featured are:
- Max Balatbat – “Starlet” acrylic on canvass
- Cedric de la Paz – “PEYSAWT” (phase-out/face out) acrylic on canvass
- Mark Lester Espina – “Imagine” Oil and acrylic on canvass
- Adrian Evangelista – “Eyes, Eyes, Baby” Oil on canvass
- Dino Gabito – “Grounded” Oil on canvass
- Mark Andy Garcia – “Where the Light Enters” Oil on canvass
- Winner Jumalon – “It is no Panacea” Oil on canvass
- Demi Padua – “Strong and Delicate” acrylic on canvass
- Lynyrd Paras – “Eat your bones” Oil on canvass
- Pongbayog – “Purity” oil on canvass
- Marrie Saplad – “Round Vessel” Oil on canvass
Derek Flores, Founder of DF Art Agency, said the exhibit aims to empower emerging and established artists to explore opportunities where they can share their originality to the world.
“Participating in art fairs is an excellent platform to expose Filipino artists. Secondly, Indonesia also has a big art market in Southeast Asia,” said Flores.
“Having a virtual exhibit ensures that no one will put themselves at any risk during these trying times. Another advantage of a virtual exhibit is that it can reach a wider audience here and abroad.” Flores added.
VIEW the virtual exhibit here.
Although the pandemic has affected countless businesses and services, technology has helped people cope with the restrictions such as holding virtual shows and tours like that of the Enchanted Kingdom (EK) in Sta. Rosa, Laguna that offers virtual rides and the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (DLS-CSB) virtual exhibition to celebrate Interior Design Week.
SEND CHEERS in the comments below to the 11 Filipino artists showcased by DF Art Agency, ANCX, and Art Moments Jakarta through a special virtual group exhibit.
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.