Your book purchases can be delivered to your homes from the Manila International Online Book Fair (MIBF Online), the 2020 virtual edition of the biggest book fair in the Philippines.
People can still enjoy the discounts, book launches, and expert talks of the popular annual book fair from November 24-30, 2020, which is going all-online this year for contactless purchases as part of safety protocols amid the Covid pandemic.
MIBF Online is selling books and other products from over 60 publishers and retailers on the new online marketplace.
Leading local and international publishers joining the MIBF Online include:
- Asia/Pacific Circulation Exponents, Inc.
- Ateneo de Manila University Press
- National Book Development Board
- National Book Store, Inc.
- Phoenix Educational Systems, Inc.
- Precious Pages Corp.
- PSICOM Publishing Inc.
- Rex Book Store, Inc.
- Summit Books
- University of Santo Tomas Publishing House
- University of the Philippines Press
- Vibal Group
Purchases at the MIBF Online can be coursed through its platform partnership with Dragonpay Corporation.
MIBF Online exhibitors are scheduled to hold virtual panel sessions, forums, seminars, and book launches, which will be streamed live on YouTube, Facebook, and Zoom.
Some of the noteworthy events include:
- NBDB’s “Literary and Publishing Trade Conversations” weekly topics from the perspective of different speakers
- Book Development Association of the Philippines’ “Pandemic Playbook: the BDAP Literary Festival” during MIBF Online on Nov. 28 and 29, featuring top-notch personalities such as Gina Apostol, Eugene Evasco, Gigo Alampay, Lourd De Veyra, Mookie Katigbak, Jessica Zafra, Manix Abrera, Mina Esguerra, Ricky Lee, and many more.
- Award-winning author Anna Gomez (pen name Christine Brae of “The Light in the Wound”) and actor Kristoffer Polaha (Nathaniel “Baze” Bazile of “Life Unexpected”) will grace the MIBF Online on Nov. 30 to give an online exclusive sneak peek on their collaboration, a five-part book series entitled “From Kona with Love.” The series’ first book “Moments Like This” is set to be released on Feb. 2, 2021.
The MIBF Online is organized by Primetrade Asia, Inc. with NBDB, BDAP, Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc., and Filipina HomeBased Moms as cooperating organizations.
MIBF Online is found at manilabookfair.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Booksale’s secondhand books are now also available online.
Earlier in August, the first all-Filipino online bookfair went live on Shopee.
SHARE with us in the comments below, what do you miss about the Manila International Book Fair experience?
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.