The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Caraga announced the opening of applications for government assistance to businesses that seeking to be more competitive with the use of technology.
DOST Caraga announced on its social media on January 18 the call for micro and small enterprises (MSMEs) to avail of its Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program (SETUP) program.
SETUP is a nationwide strategy that encourages and assists MSMEs to adopt technology innovations to improve their operations and thus boost their productivity and competitiveness.
DOST describes the program as enabling firms to address their technical problems through innovative technology solutions.
The program concentrates its efforts to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the following sectors:
- Food processing
- Gifts, decors and handicrafts
- Agriculture, marine and aquaculture
- Metal and engineering
- Information and communication technology (ICT)
- Pharmaceutical and health products
- Halal products
What can a MSME client get from SETUP?
- Free technical advice from consultants
- Technical training courses for workers/employees
- New equipment to mechanize and/or improve production lines
- Improve product quality
- Increase productivity and competitiveness
- Proponent’s letter of interest to avail of the assistance stating commitment to refund and cover insurance for the acquired equipment
- Fully accomplished TNA Form 01: Application for Technology Needs Assessment
- Comprehensive Proposal showing the technical, marketing, management/administrative and financial aspects including waste disposal
- Copy of business permits and licenses issued by LGUs and other government offices
- Certificate of Registration of Business Name with DTI, SEC or CDA
- Board/Legislative Council resolution authorizing the availment of the assistance and designating authorized signatory for the funding assistance for corporations, cooperatives and LGUs
- Financial statements at least for the past three (3) years
- Complete technical specifications and design/drawing of equipment to be acquired
- Three (3) Quotations from suppliers/fabricators of the equipment to be purchased/fabricated
To apply for SETUP, go to your Provincial Science and Technology Center (PSTC) or DOST Caraga Regional Office.