Cavite-based Coro Regina Coeli took home awards and accolades from two separate choral competitions in Italy.
The big wins of the missionary choir from the Holy Cross Parish of Noveleta in Cavite followed the recent success of Advent Euphonic Chorale in Singapore.
The Filipino choir ruled the 3rd Leonardo da Vinci Florence Choral Festival and Competition held in Florence, Italy from July 9 to 12, and bagged gold diplomas in five different categories.
Coro Regina Coeli also reaped medals and certificates from the 58th edition of Concorso Internazionale di Canto Corale Seghizzi (“Seghizzi” International Choral Singing Competition) from July 18 to 21 held in Gorizia, Italy. The Cavite choir snagged the gold medal in Category 2C, another gold medal at the Grand Prix competition, after besting five other choral groups from Lithuania, Canada, Japan, Indonesia, and Ukraine.
Here are the awards earned by the Coro Regina Coeli – the Philippines from the choir competitions in Italy:
3rd Leonardo da Vinci Florence Choral Festival and Competition:
- Category A (Mixed Choir Adult) – 1st Prize, Gold Diploma
- Category G (Popular, Folk, Gospel, etc.) – Gold Diploma
- Category F (Sacred Music) – Gold Diploma
- Category M (Modern and Contemporary) – Gold Diploma
- Grand Prix Qualifier – 7th Place, Gold Diploma
58th Concorso Internazionale di Canto Corale Seghizzi:
- Category 2C (Modern, Pop, Jazz, etc.) – 1st Prize, Gold Medal
- Grand Prix (Grand finals)- Gold Medal
- Category 1C (Period Music, Classical, Sacred) – 2nd Place, Silver Medal
- Category 2B (Worship, Negro Spiritual Music, etc.) – 3rd Place, Silver Medal
- Category 2A (Folklore, etc.) – 5th Place, Silver Medal
- Category 1D (Historical, etc.) – 5th Place, Silver Medal
- Special Award- Premio “Poesa in Musica”, Bronze Medal
The internationally-awarded Filipino choral group also received an official flag of Venezia from the vice mayor and city councilor in recognition to the choir’s talent and also as a sign of their care and trust for overseas Filipino workers (OFW) in Italy.
Coro Regina Coeli – the Philippines held a concert entitled “Wagayway” on August 4 at the L’Hospitalet de Llobregat in Barcelona, Spain to pay tribute and commemorate the heroism of OFWs.
SEND congratulations to Coro Regina Coeli – the Philippines, Cavite’s and the country’s pride in choir competitions in Italy!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.