Filipino mathletes won 10 medals at the 16th Hanoi Open Mathematics Competition (HOMC 2019) in Vietnam held from April 2 to 6, 2019.
The senior and junior high school students from various Philippine schools showed their math skills in the event organized by the Hanoi Department of Education and Training and the Hanoi Mathematics Society.
The Mathematics Trainers Guild Philippines, which also led the Philippines’ medal haul at the Mathematical Triathlon Apollonia in Bulgaria, trained and guided the mathletes who were invited to participate.
Here is the rundown of medals for the Philippines:
- Bryce Ainsley Sanchez, Grade 10, Grace Christian College
- Immanuel Josiah Balete, Grade 10, Saint Stephen’s High School
- Enzo Rafael Chan, Grade 8, Bayanihan Institute-Tarlac
- Rickson Caleb Tan, Grade 8,MGC New Life Christian Academy
- Cassidy Kyler Tan, Davao Christian High School
- Noel Stephen Dequito, Xavier School Nuvali
- Daryll Carlsten Ko, Grade 10, Saint Stephen’s High School
- Issam Wang, Grade 10, Manila Science High School
The Filipino students also won two bronze medals from team contests.
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.