Are you a Filipino artist? Here’s how you can apply for the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) Competitive Grants Program for artists and cultural groups which contribute significantly to the Filipino cultural legacy as means to extend artistic achievement.
The NCCA-administered National Endowment Fund for Culture and the Arts (NEFCA) is awarding grants for the development, protection, preservation, and dissemination of Philippine culture and arts.
The NCCA Competitive Grants Program is competitive in nature since the approval of project proposals passes through a rigorous and confidential evaluation process based on merit such as quality and relevance to Commission priorities.
Here are some rules for the NCCA grants program:
- Proposals received beyond the announced deadline for submission, i.e., August 31, 2022, shall not be considered.
- A proponent can only submit one project proposal.
- Proponents must be accredited by the Commission as a pre-requisite to the approval of their project proposal.
- Pursuant to Executive Order No. 9, s.2019 on the adoption of the Cash-based budgeting system, all proposals should indicate their period of implementation anytime within the period January-December 2023.
- Due to the Covid19 pandemic, all proposals must demonstrate adherence to minimum public health standards. Expenses for such purpose (eg. Covid19 tests, purchase of face shields/masks/alcohol, etc.) shall not exceed 10% of the amount of the grant being requested.
- Pursuant to Republic Act No. 11106 or the Filipino Sign Language (FSL) Act, proposals involving the conduct of fora, conferences, meetings, competitions, online streaming, and other similar live activities require FSL interpreter insets to guarantee access to information and freedom of expression of the Filipino deaf;
The project proposal may be accomplished in Filipino or English.
Read more about the NCCA Competitive Grants Program here.
Download the forms here:
- COMPLETE 2023 COMPETITIVE GRANTS CALL FOR PROPOSAL (PDF)
- COMPLETE 2023 COMPETITIVE GRANS CALL FOR PROPOSAL (DOC)
- Annex A: 2023 NCCA Project Proposal Form
NCCA is accepting proposals for the 2023 Competitive Grants until August 31, 2022.
All project proposals shall be addressed and submitted to:
Program Management Division (PMD)
National Commission for Culture and the Arts
Room 5-C, Fifth Floor, NCCA Building
633 General Luna Street, Intramuros 1002 Manila, Philippines
Telephone Nos: (02) 8527-2192 (TL) loc. 509
Fax Nos: (02) 8527-2198 / (02) 8527-2209 / (02) 8527-2194
Proponents of proposals need to be accredited by the NCCA Grants Program.
WATCH this video as renowned ventriloquist Kuya Ony and his friend Kulas discuss the accreditation process for the NCCA Grants Program and SHARE this article with artists who may want to submit proposals.
NCCA projects include Project Destination TV drama showcasing native Filipino culture and values and Heneral Tuna.
Good News Pilipinas is a Lasallian Scholarum Awardee. TELL US your good news story tips by messaging GoodNewsPilipinas.com on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or e-mail email@example.com and WATCH Good News Pilipinas TV YouTube & Good News Pilipinas TikTok for more Filipino Pride stories!