The search for the Philippines’ most innovative Science and Math teachers is underway.
The Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) has launched the second run of the search for teachers with the most innovative teaching and learning resources which can be used in teaching both science and mathematics.
“We’re always on the lookout for teachers who are keen on improving science and math education in the country,” DOST-SEI Director Josette Biyo said in a media statement received by Good News Pilipinas.
The Innovation in a Box or InnoBox competition will showcase teachers as innovators and designers of the learning environment. The search looks for creative and practical application of teaching science and math concepts to improve students’ performance.
The InnoBox search mechanics:
- Open to the country’s public and private, elementary and secondary school educators.
- Proposals for teaching any of the following 3 categories: Grades 3 to 6, Grades 7 to 10, Grades 11 to 12.
- Proposed learning resources must not have been awarded or given any kind of special recognition in previous competitions.
- Deadline for submission is on July 12, 2019.
- Nine teachers/group of teachers (three per category) will be given P50,000 each to develop their project prototype.
- The top three winners (one per category) will receive a plaque of recognition and cash prizes.
For more information, visit www.sei.dost.gov.ph or email the InnoBox Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
TELL US in the comments below about your innovative science and math teacher!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.