We list here the January events in the calendar of activities for the 2021 Quincentennial Commemorations in the Philippines released by the National Quincentennial Committee (NQC).
The country’s 2021 Quincentennial Commemorations mark the 500th anniversary of the Victory at Mactan (April 27), the Philippines’ part in the first circumnavigation of the world by the Magellan-Elcano expedition (March 16-October 28), the first Christian Baptism (April 14) in the islands, among other related events to be celebrated.
Here are 8 official activities in January for the 2021 Quincentennial Commemorations in the Philippines released as of January 1 by the NQC:
- January 6: Deadline for submission to the Quincentennial Art Competition and Lapulapu National Monument Design Competition
- January 6: The World’s Largest Solar Rosary for Healing is lighting up as part of the official Philippines’ quincentennial celebrations marking the 500th year since the first Christian baptism on the islands and the first circumnavigation of the world. The giant solar artwork, dubbed the Light of Faith, will be lit at the Luneta Park in Manila on January 6, 2021, at 9:00 PM, coinciding with the Catholic Church’s call for prayers for healing of the world to be led by the Manila Cathedral.
- January 13: Countdown to 500 Online Lectures
- January 17: 100 Day Countdown to Commemorations at Liberty Shrine and its Declaration as Site of Permanent Display of the Philippine Flag
- January 21: Road to 500 in Philippine Textile
- January 27:
SHARE in the comments below, which January 2021 events for the Quincentennial Commemorations in the Philippines are you attending?
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new good story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories